PC Hoopstarz take on the NBA

D

Deleted member 13648

NBA.com said:
What is the AutoTrader.com +/- Stat?
The AutoTrader.com +/- stat shows the power of teamwork. It's a way of showing the best-engineered/best combination of players on the court. The +/- stat is a statistic that looks at the point differential when players are both in and out of the game, to see how the team performs with various combinations. The +/- stat can look at a variety of combinations including the best two player, three player and even five player combinations for each game.

:thumbs

Basically, we scored 20 less points while I was on the court; be that through poor offense or I let my man run plays etc., (being the PG I need to really have my +/- stat as a positive).

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Not a bad game from my short time on. 5 assists and 3 steals, only second to Culli.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
VR,
You lazy bums :p always busy with novels & other books. :spy

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Some good individual performances there but we couldn't quite do it.

How long am I out injured? I hate being a towel waver! :p

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For the whole season. :p You weren't active, I suppose?

Varun

ICC Board Member
pchvsgsw.png

Full game update - Box scores
Team | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Total PC Hoopstarz | 28 | 27 |32|31| 118 Golden State Warriors | 24 | 35 |33|30| 122

Team Stats

Away - Team - Home
118 - Points - 122
1 - Timeouts - 2
43/72 - Field Goals - 50/101
59% - FG% - 49%
4/12 - 3 Pointers - 5/10
33% - 3pt% - 50%
28/38 - Free throws - 17/25
73% - FT% - 68%
33 - Assists - 26
27 - Turnovers - 4
17 - Team fouls - 24
45 - Rebounds - 32
4 - Offensive rebounds - 7
3 - Steals - 20
8 - Blocks - 2
60 - Points in the paint - 68
34 - Bench points - 22
2 - Second chance points - 10
0 - Fast break points - 14

Second half statistics

Player statistics

PC Hoopstarz
Golden State Warriors
(Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) didn't play due to his ongoing ban when the game was played.)

Video Highlights

Order of highlights : Ollie layups it in in the low post; Madhur assists Hedger for a dunk; Dorell Wright to David Lee for a fastbreak layup; Aaron Raven dunks; Alley-oop layup by Gaurav, assist by Madhur; Culli tosses it up towards Raven who smashes it down; Dunk by Abhishek Sharma; Abhishek Sharma passes across the half court to Hedger who nets it down for a 3; Reggie Williams with a fastbreak manual power-down; Ollie power another one down the rim and; makes a flashy layup; Two back-to-back dunks by Dorell Wright; Madhur Verma triggers the spin move, and smashes it down; Raven scores down in the post; dunk by Ollie; by Gaurav; and an alley-oop by Abhishek-Culli; A center passes it to another center (Abhishek) for a flashy dunk; Monta Ellis powers it down.

HP - Half time report.

Sprite: Spark of the game.

The two players who made the difference - Dorell Wright and Monta Ellis.

Screeshots - The Pressbook

39552742.png

Monta Ellis gears up for a shot.

66605417.png

Abhishek Sharma close to the hoop, just about to power it down!

Review : Boiling down to a high scoring thriller in the end, this game exposed the Achilles' heel in the Hoopstarz's attack - turnovers. The game saw, from their point guards, the most careless handling of the ball, both of them accruing 7 turnovers each - even worse for Truman Lee, who only played for 16 minutes. Dorell Wright and Radmanovic exploited this weakness, and garnered a handful of steals. But the real star of the show was Monta Ellis, who proved to be a nightmare for the Hoopstarz. In 36 minutes, he scored 34 points, along with 6 assists and 2 steals. Steph Curry did well to support him, so did Wright. David Lee and Andris Biedrins, however had a bad day, as intermittent personal fouls saw them in and out of the field.

Despite the horrendous day handling the ball, Aaron Raven and Ollie Holden impressed the spectators with their persevering play. Raven played a well rounded game, scoring 24 points - 8/12 field goals, and 10 boards and 3 blocks. Ollie scored useful 23 points. Among the starters, Madhur Verma and Brendon Hedger seemed to be out of their touch. Hoopstarz, however, seemed to improve a lot in their free throw shooting, after the debacle from the line in the last match

With 2 warmups being done, the Hoopstarz are back to home for their third encounter, with the Los Angeles Clippers. Comparatively weaker than the Warriors, but Blake Griffin, the talented rookie, can cause havoc for the Hoopstarz. The Hoopstarz, on the other side, will be looking to minimize their turnovers, like they minimized their free throw misses in this. Dwayne Johnson will be back from his injury as well. What will happen? Only time will tell.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I really like your presentation style and no doubt your writing is very good. Keep it up mate! :thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
14 points in just 18 minutes, shows how dominant I am when compared to some of the other players. :D

----------

And the videos are great, Varun. Loved 'em all.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Darn, I wasn't really in form that game, but it was pretty close, we need to stop these games from slipping away.

Nice update :thumbs

ARay

County Cricketer
I guess its a good thing the flaws are getting exposed at this point. It will help us have a better run during the season.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Should switch the starters for the next match?

Users who are viewing this thread