PC Hoopstarz take on the NBA

All of you who're in, sign up using the form in the other thread.

DSB, Iridium and User, are you all going to sign up?

Do I have to sign up again or can I just keep the same guy as before?

Do I have to sign up again or can I just keep the same guy as before?

You can be the same player as before unless you need to make any changes to your attributes. :)

I want to sign up but I know nothing about the game, lol. If you could make me something what you guys want...

We need a bench SF, sign up as an SF (with a secondary position SG) and fill the other details. They are general ones, not very related to the technicalities of the game itself.

David Stern Announces New NBA Team To The Public​

June 27, 2010

National Basketball Association Commissioner, David Stern today unveiled the plans of creating a new NBA franchise based out of Austin, Texas. The franchise will replace the struggling team Detroit Pistons, who really haven't been performing well. Their owner had been threatening to move the franchise out of Michigan. Stern invoked an unknown clause in the NBA agreement that allowed the organization to terminate ties with the franchise effective immediately. All the players of the Pistons will be available as free agents and can be picked by any team.

Welcome the newly created franchise, Hoopstarz. They will be the fourth Texas team in the NBA, which will tie Texas with California as the state with most NBA franchises. The name of the franchises of this team have been revealed. Varun, will be the head coach and Aditya, will be manager of the team. Varun is a rich businessman of America and has a lot of interest in basketball. Aditya, is a former cricketer of India, what is he doing in basketball then? It is said that Varun and Aditya are very good friends, from their childhood time. Both studied in the same school in Delhi and later Aditya was busy with his cricket and Varun flew away to America to complete his studies. But their friendship never broke and here they are, managing a basketball team!

There was a press conference held by these two, let's see what happened there.

HoopstarzNews
Team Revealed

Head Coach : Varun
Team Manager : Aditya

June 29, 2010

The starting 5 for Hoopstarz will be :
Culli : PG Stuart Cullington : #8
hedger_14 : SG Brendon Hedger : #7
MaD : SF Madhur Verma : #1
Ollie_H : PF Ollie Holden : #69
Aray : C Aaron Raven : #91

Bench players will be :
Iridium : PG Truman Lee : #24
akshaychauhan : C Akshay Chauhan : #23
User2010 : SG Gaurav Aggarwal : #77
Riz7Khan : SF Riz Khan : #04
D-S-B- : PF Dan Thompson : #05
Yudi : C Abhishek Sharma : #28

Primo? Brezec : C (A former Milwaukee Bucks Centre, who has played for Charlotte and Indiana as well.)

Varun, the head coach of the team mentioned in the press conference that it might be a bit surprising for some people that a businessman is the head coach of a basketball team, that too of a basketball team of NBA but according to him, he has a great knowledge of basketball. He says that this will be the best thing about this team; they are being coached by such a person who isn't much famous among the basketball fans. Varun, says that this is a big challenge for him. He will go through a lot of ups and downs but then this is all for fun and Varun says that he is surely going to have a great time with the Hoopstarz.

Aditya, the manager of the team thinks that this is a great chance for him to know the professional basketball players and what more? He'll be managing them, is he a strict person or not? We will know soon.... We're going to see a journey of a team who are being coached and managed by two such people who aren't professional basketball players themselves. Will this work or does it backfires? You'd get your answers soon; just follow the match updates. :)

Credits : Sohum : took some ideas from this update that was posted by him.

Varun : for helping me with this update.

Users who are viewing this thread