PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Yep - I think I must be one of the games you've had problem with (I think either Cricketer or cricketking hasn't either) but I've hosted four games with three different people without an issue.

just beat cricketking in a good match

cricketking 120 all out

barmyarmyXI (me) 123/5 10.5 overs

hit some belters at the end a few balls dissapearing out of the ground!

Well fair play to that guy i just played, he did not quit but was not very good. There were some weird run outs too, he had his bat grounded but was given out three times, maybe he did not press cancel run, or ground bat, I'm not sure.

Here's the scorecard.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 17
Well fair play to that guy i just played, he did not quit but was not very good. There were some weird run outs too, he had his bat grounded but was given out three times, maybe he did not press cancel run, or ground bat, I'm not sure.

Here's the scorecard.

haha wow that guy sucks. Good on him for sticking through it though, maybe there will be a decent online community after all

cricketer112 great game, i didnt post anywhere near a high enough total though :crying

You are such a slogger :p

Does anyone else want a game?

I will later, guess you're not as much a slogger as cricketer :laugh

Oh yeh, will we appear on the stats I wonder. Only 4 on there atm??

Has anyone got the 'invite a friend' or 'game invite' option to work- it is always greyed out for me - Transmisson/Codies really have to fix this if this is the case....very shoddy

Also they have all the stats for on-line game in forms of runs scored wickets taken.. which is good but they have forgotten the most important... number of wins or a league ladder for games played games won/drawn/lost/NR...:doh :facepalm or have I missed this?!?

Just played a guy called dtadams81 who was playing his second match.

Game was at a night-time, cloudy Johannesburg with myself as Aus and. I won and chose to field.

Initially I seemed to get him jumping around with the pace, although bizarrely he seemed to stop running between the wickets; he literally could have had another dozen or so runs if he'd run normally but instead he just stood there. Eventually he seemed to get the hang of the quicks and started getting some nice slogs, with me supplying him with a few free hits as is my habit.

However, he really couldn't get handle when the pace was taken off the ball when I brought in Hopes as early as the fourth over. He got two wickets without conceding a run, while my over-rated star man Cameron White taking 4 for 4.

White's figures were tarnished by the main story of the game though - lag. Despite me being the host this was a laggy game. Two of White's wickets were stumpings off of legspinners - on my screen the batsmen never appeared to leave their crease. However, on the flip side, I actually dropped two or three caught behinds off his spin bowling (a type of catch I've usually been good at) despite it appearing to me to have been stopped okay in the green.

However, for all that drama, White did have a crowning moment as I disguised a slider as a leg break and hit the top of the batsmen's off stump :o)

Anyway, having dismissed him for 33 things took a turn for the worse. Being 1-3 is not a nice feeling. Being 8-5 isn't any better. I literally couldn't time anything in the four or so overs, and I swear it was juddering at points. I was staring down the barrel of a humiliating loss.

However, all of a sudden, just after he'd made a change to his fielding, bringing in an offside ring, it seemed to change - now I was middling everything, even charging down the wicket to one of his fast bowlers and finding the rope. He did have a tendency to try and yorker me too often, while on a free hit ball he put it full and very wide, absolutely ideal for me to slash over point for four.

With the game all of a sudden slipping away he brought on his spinner as a last throw of the dice, but he soon disappeared for consecutive boundaries and that was the game.

I swear his download must have ended at just the right moment for me ;)

Twenty20dtadams81090809.jpg

EarlCG added 3 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Has anyone got the 'invite a friend' or 'game invite' option to work- it is always greyed out for me - Transmisson/Codies really have to fix this if this is the case....very shoddy

Yep; same here. the_gas said he got it working though. Tbh, the whole set up is quite clearly incomplete and missing fundamental features.

Also they have all the stats for on-line game in forms of runs scored wickets taken.. which is good but they have forgotten the most important... number of wins or a league ladder for games played games won/drawn/lost/NR...:doh :facepalm or have I missed this?!?
Nope - it's not there; I guess they didn't want to focus on that baseline "all or nothing" kind of performance.

More fundamental for me is the lack of a bowling average or strike rate statistics. Batting wise there is most runs, batting average and strike rate, but bowling only gets most wickets and economy rate.

Last edited:

no its greyed out for me too, really is quite irritating when people are shown as online but i cant invite them to a game :doh

Sort it codies/transmission!!!

A few people have logged onto Ventrilo while I've being playing and so I haven't been able to help them get their microphone sorted. If you want to get in touch please post here or give me a PM.

Sorry Gas - I got bored. Your bowling is too good. Just made sure I beat the score I made against you the first time then I was done.
I'm definitely a bowling not a batting fan.

Sorry Gas - I got bored. Your bowling is too good. Just made sure I beat the score I made against you the first time then I was done.
I'm definitely a bowling not a batting fan.

Agree with most of that. I'm be a lot more relaxed when bowling as mistakes are far less costly, plus you've got more room for creativity and strategy.

Anybody else up for a game before the nights out?

Users who are viewing this thread