PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Me and dutchad were very evenly matched literally, 2 draws in 3 matches :p First draw I didn't realise how close he was he needed 7 to win and he hit a 6. 2nd draw I took apart Swann to get myself back into the match. Needed 5 to win only could manage 4 failing to get Flintoff away through the tight field.

Me and dutchad were very evenly matched literally, 2 draws in 3 matches :p First draw I didn't realise how close he was he needed 7 to win and he hit a 6. 2nd draw I took apart Swann to get myself back into the match. Needed 5 to win only could manage 4 failing to get Flintoff away through the tight field.

What are the chances of that happening. Couple of cracking games, edge of your seat stuff (for me anyway!) Cheers Aussie1st. I enjoyed that. I think we are evenly matched. The internet lag is a pain in the bum. It makes one sometimes look a real merchant banker when it comes to batting. Anyway these online games are cool and very, very addictive!:D

Good games guys - shame you're getting such lag despite being in the same country.

I'm around and have got a game open.

No luck - guessing you couldn't connect to me and I can't connect to you either mate, all thanks to our familiar foe the "failed to connect to host" eror.

What are the chances of that happening. Couple of cracking games, edge of your seat stuff (for me anyway!) Cheers Aussie1st. I enjoyed that. I think we are evenly matched. The internet lag is a pain in the bum. It makes one sometimes look a real merchant banker when it comes to batting. Anyway these online games are cool and very, very addictive!:D

Yea our matches were great fun, I was really pumped towards the end just like I would be for a real match in similar circumstances. How bad was your lag? I felt it a bit here and there, but wasn't as bad as the first game I played.

Would have kept playing if not for the NRL.

valerian ive alredy sent u an invite 4 times? where are u..?

Good games mate. But at the rate at which you played that 5 over match,you should be fined for slow over rate. :D We could have completed a 20 over match in that time. :) ;)

sorry i was eating and simultaneously playing well if there was an lunch break option i would have used it :).

No luck - guessing you couldn't connect to me and I can't connect to you either mate, all thanks to our familiar foe the "failed to connect to host" eror.

Yeah sorry about that! Shame, would be great to set up a game...ah well!:)

just had a game against dutchad and lost by 6 runs,

i had that stupid lag thing where it lags when the bowler releases resulting in my inconsistency with timing :mad:
Fuming as i should've won easily, i usually get 220 odd totals every innings so to be dismissed for 50 something is so frustrating!!
Fix it codies/transmission!!

p.s Well played dutchad must play again sometime :)

Yea our matches were great fun, I was really pumped towards the end just like I would be for a real match in similar circumstances. How bad was your lag? I felt it a bit here and there, but wasn't as bad as the first game I played.

Would have kept playing if not for the NRL.

Yeah the lag in the first game was a bit of a spoiler. :(After that it was good. Its such a shame the lag is so random. It seems to particulary affect the bowling rather than the batting being too slow...I mean it seems to slow down the release of the ball so you have no idea when its actually coming. Do you know how I am supposed to invite someon for online play? I want to click on "invite someone to game" but its blanked out. Any ideas? Thanks for the fun and "see" you soon and NRl is important too!:D

dutchad added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

just had a game against dutchad and lost by 6 runs,

i had that stupid lag thing where it lags when the bowler releases resulting in my inconsistency with timing :mad:
Fuming as i should've won easily, i usually get 220 odd totals every innings so to be dismissed for 50 something is so frustrating!!
Fix it codies/transmission!!

p.s Well played dutchad must play again sometime :)

Cheers mate. Yeah the lag is a pain. I think you would have thrashed me if it wasn't for that. Made for an exciting end though! The slow ball is a killer in combination with lag!:D I am having so many good games all over the place, I mean fun rather than me playing well. The lag needs to be sorted though.

yeah its so annoying i usually knock a total off like that with my openers in 5-6 overs!

Slower ball with lag is so freaking annoying, and yeah they really need to fix it

Just played Natgamer in my first 5 Over match having got bored of waiting around for a Twenty20.

I was Aus as tends to be standard (if only SA had a medium pacer or Harmison was a Fast Bowler...) while Netgamer went as the Asia XI. I won the toss and put him in.

My bowling was mixed. He initially fared well off Lee (aided by some no balls and a dropped catch) and McDonald until the latters last last ball, which he bottom edged onto his stumps playing a cut shot to a delivery outside off stump.

Then Johnson came on and really put the breaks on him - he struggled when I shortened my length in particularly and edged a catch to the keeper. However, hopes was more to his liking and it was left to Siddle to restrict him to a round 50, picking up Singh LBW off the last ball (having had one appeal turned down earlier in the over).

My batting was pretty shoddy to be honest - he did some nice cursor deception but my timing was below average and my running between the wickets was my worst ever; I had four run outs in all, although I thought the third one was dubious (he'd had a favourable call for him in his innings too). He struggled with no balls through his overs though and had to bowl Murali (who he did bowl a nice delivery with to get Ponting caught behind) and Afridi (who I saved my power play for).

In the end the match was won with him bowling another no ball. I think that about summed up the match tbh and I really can't get excited about 5 over games - there's just so little opportunity work your opponent out in.

Here's the summary:

5overNetGamer150809.jpg

Just had a Twenty20 incomplete with a guy playing as SA (his name began with A - Edit: I believe it's ankyrox). Pretty sure he quit as there wasn't any lag at my end and he left just as I took his fourth wicket with him on only 12.

Last edited:
yeah its so annoying i usually knock a total off like that with my openers in 5-6 overs!

Slower ball with lag is so freaking annoying, and yeah they really need to fix it

The positive thing for me is that I can use it as an excuse 'cos I'm not very good!:D I'll get better though. I think my bowling is going well but my batting not so although i play well on hard mode in the game itsself.:(

Whats the longest game anyone has play online? Has anybody played a full ODI? I saw a test match had been played in the stats...wonder how long that took! How long would a full ODI take? I would be keen to give that a go....if I can find someone willing to put in the time! Couple of beers, pile of sarnies, music on....heaven!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread