PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Do you know how I am supposed to invite someon for online play? I want to click on "invite someone to game" but its blanked out. Any ideas?

You can currently only invite users to unranked games. I can't believe that's intentional (for what reason would they make it that way?), so must be a bug.

You can currently only invite users to unranked games. I can't believe that's intentional (for what reason would they make it that way?), so must be a bug.

Ah thats what it is....thats a bit silly. Shame. Hoepfully they will work on it and get a server upgrade!:sarcasm

I'm pretty confident that it was ankyrox who I probably quit on me once he fell to 12/4.

Twenty20 game open.

EarlCG added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Just had a connection lost against aidan06 before his batsmen even reached the crease (he'd won the toss and chosen to bat as the Transmission Games XI).

He then join and left when I set up a new room.

EarlCG added 11 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Yeah - ankyrox came and left my room. I think he's one to avoid tbh.

EarlCG added 10 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Just had "kavishg786" disconnect at 8/1 after 1.1 balls, although the game never got further than the screenshot below with the umpire about to give a not out decision on a runout. There had been no noticeable lag at my end. The wicket was quite satisfying though - Strauss' middle stump hit by Lee.

T20kavishg786Incomplete.jpg

EarlCG added 8 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Can't join BFL :( Shame, as looking at his stats it appears he's a decent player.

Last edited:
Just had a very close game against tresco10 (sp?) I assume he was English and that both of us had some lag (not surprising given our locations) which made the faster bowlers just about unplayable.

Attachments

• 2nd match.jpg
    2nd match.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 12
Played Nickster09 again - unfortunately he must have been running a download or something again as it was lagging as bad as the first disconnect. (The game we completed last night was silky smooth)

He chose to bat and was at a perilous 2/5 off 2.5 overs (one of those two being a wide) when the connection was lost. Three bowleds, an LBW and a catch at cover were the modes of dismissal. Baring in mind him sticking through after being bowled out for 10 in the previous game I definitely don't think he quit.

Here's the screenshot prior to the last ball being bowled.

T20Nickster150809incomplete.jpg

EarlCG added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Signed in and couldn't connect to the two T20 matches in the lobby. No-one joined a game I made either...

You seem to be screwed by this "cannot connect to host" issue more than anybody else :( I can at least connect to around half the people around, although the people I can't connect to include most of the users I want to play regularly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I need to get this port open. Do you have MSN as I could use some help with the router firewall settings?

just connected my game to the net, ready for my online (and ashes cricket 09) debut!!

anyone want a game??

username : Gazza_11

haha, dont go easy on me!!

Yeah, I need to get this port open. Do you have MSN as I could use some help with the router firewall settings?

Yep - earlcg at gmail.com

It's worth a try, although, as I explained to Jazz who you pointed my way, I'm basically convinced that there's a problem in Transmission net code.

Finally completed a game today.

Played ihitge, who'd dropped/disconnected in a previous match while he was 12/5 after 4 overs.

Thankfully he saw this game through despite the most disastrous start - three wickets in the first three balls. Unfortunately the second dismissal was a run out so no "diamond hattrick" (think I'm manufacturing a term there) for Lee. He hit the next two balls for nice boundaries over the infield on the offside, but he lost his fourth wicket to the last ball of the over, LBW to a Lee inswinger - 8/4 after one.

He then recovered for a while - I think he made it as far as 28/4. I'd rapped him on the pads hitting the stumps three times but he'd been outside the line playing a shot and dropped a sharp catch within the ring (think it was deep mid off running around).

Eventually though the wickets started tumbling again, Silva playing straight into the bowlers follow through and Jayasuriya's creditable run-a-ball 26 coming to an end when he was bowled by a Hopes inswinger. He never recovered after that double blow.

My batting was fairly straight forward. Despite his attempts at cursor deception and varying his length I only lost a wicket because of a moment of stupidity, slogging Murali with Hadden to mid on having been disappointed not to score off the previous free hit.

Here's the summary and ihitge's scorecard:
T20ihitge150809summary.jpg
T20ihitge150809hisinnings.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a game against a guy called sachin2k9 rather end just as he fell to 2/6 off 3.3 overs. There was zero lag at my end.

There are some dodgy run out animation issues in this game. He edged a ball into his pads and ran, leaving the ball a foot away from his stumps. The bowler picked the ball up and should have just extended his arm to hit the stumps, but he instead ran through the wicket and turned around before throwing, giving the batsmen enough time get in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread