PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

You're a far better bowler than the guys I've made the 371 and 444 against. ;) These guys just bowl the same thing, over and over again. Huned spinners quite a lot, but he really didn't use the seamers at all effectively. If you go back a few pages and see the match me and BarmyarmyXI (cricket112?) had, you'll see the different when someone bowls well. ;)

Played IS_Leon a couple of hours ago and my game locked up (he was 8/2 after 3.2 overs IIRC).

That's makes the two times I've played IS_Leon the only times the game has crashed up on me. Somebody else said earlier than their game froze/crashed against IS_Leon as well - I'm fairly well convinced that there is something going haywire with the game on his PC.

Why is the game crashing so many times with so many people? Even I experienced it today when I was playing with mannu. :facepalm

I had two wins against chubz
It was pretty one sided. Need a good game. I have created a T20 match

Why on earth can't this game display the username of the host in the search results. It's so confusing trying to find the right game! :doh

You there EarlCG?? :)

Damn it. I was 49/3 after 10 overs chasing a target of 86 against the_gas when the connection dropped. There's not even been any lag in our previous games.

It was no way a forgone conclusion that I was going to make it (I've collapsed before from similar situations in our previous games) but I was feeling more confident. Most of all though it was just great to have such a competitive game - I don't think I've had a close one since the last time we faced each other (which is a game I think we might have mentioned on here briefly ;) *cough* wideline *cough*).

Here's the_gas' scorecard:
T20the_gas-incomplete150809gascorec.jpg

EarlCG added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Earl has your game froze, I'm stuck in game?
It said connection was lost to me - game didn't freeze, no.

Damn it. I was 49/3 after 10 overs chasing a target of 86 against the_gas when the connection dropped. There's not even been any lag in our previous games.

It was no way a forgone conclusion that I was going to make it (I've collapsed before from similar situations in our previous games) but I was feeling more confident. Most of all though it was just great to have such a competitive game - I don't think I've had a close one since the last time we faced each other (which is a game I think we might have mentioned on here ;) *cough* wideline *cough*).

Here's the_gas' scorecard:
T20the_gas-incomplete150809gascorec.jpg

EarlCG added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

It said connection was lost to me - game didn't freeze, no.

You were going to win for sure, no doubt about it.

I'm happy to host another game just so you can win. Check my status online, does it still say I'm in a game? My game has frozen and is not responding.

I reckon my status will confirm this with any luck.

Man you bowled well, with your custom field and 3 fast bowlers 100-95mph scoring ground shots is impossible, and terribly frustrating. After 5 overs when i had like 10 runs for the loss of 5 wickets i gave up and just decided to slog. I knew it was a lost cause. I did try playing properly in the early stages.

I hope that does not cotton on or i won't be playing this for much longer.

I have a few screen shots to upload, two of my shots caught off perfectly timed deliveries again, not your fault though. One off the bowler that was going wide of mid on, and 1 down the ground the was a lofted shot with anderson (understandable i guess).

Check back in 1 minute and i'll upload those screenies.

The_gas added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Ok check my online status in game before i upload those screen shots, i cannot leave the game without pressing f4. By this i mean when i try to open firefox i get a black screen, i cannot go back to the game now, its a black screen. Posting this from my girlfriends pc.

Last edited:
Check my status online, does it still say I'm in a game? My game has frozen and is not responding.

I did when I came out of the games and yes, it still said you're playing Twenty20.

I reckon my status will confirm this with any luck.
Don't worry mate - you quitting was some way down the list of possibilities which were running through my head.

You were going to win for sure, no doubt about it. I'm happy to host another game just so you can win.
Don't be so sure - I didn't have Bell and Flintoff to come in at #8 & #9! (Thank god I got rid of Tiny this time :) ). You were going to have to bowl me out I think though. And I'll decline your offer on that, as kind as it is. As I've said before, the manner in which I play is more important than the outcome to me. Although that's not to say I wouldn't have liked to be the first to claim your scalp :)

Man you bowled well, with your custom field and 3 fast bowlers 100-95mph scoring ground shots is impossible, and terribly frustrating. After 5 overs when i had like 10 runs for the loss of 5 wickets i gave up and just decided to slog. I knew it was a lost cause. I did try playing properly in the early stages.

Mate, while my style is quite different from yours (I vary line, length and delivery while you tend to keep very much the same on the former two and just vary the latter), it's no easier to score off. The timing windows I had on your bowling were minimal - you must have been hitting the yellow on the metre near every time. It took me ages to work out that I could reasonably safely score through the gap in your ring field between point and cover point, all be it in singles and twos.

I have a few screen shots to upload, two of my shots caught off perfectly timed deliveries again, not your fault though. One off the bowler that was going wide of mid on, and 1 down the ground the was a lofted shot with anderson (understandable i guess).

Again, it's not just a question of timing, but it's whether that ball can be hit to that part of the ground. I hit a couple of perfects (with my top line batsmen) into the offside through the gap I mentioned and only picked up two with the ball going nowhere near the boundary.

I'm really glad neither of us used short cover though.

Highlights for me were the first wicket (hitting Bopara's off stump with Lee as he played a defensive shot inside the line) and then the six off Collingwood's free hit (one of the bigger ones and one of only two shots where I came down the wicket :) )

Last edited:
Ok man well the offer is there if you want me to give you the win. I would not quit just to avoid defeat and im happy for you to bowl me out for 0 and take 1 run to win.

I cannot say playing against your custom field, 3 fast bowlers and erratic bowling was fun.

Some of those deliveries were so random (cursor starting on the stumps and ending out wide outside off etc etc) yet because you were obviously hitting the execution meter spot on timing was impossible, when in reality deliveries like that would be punished. I only started scoring once the medium pacers came on because i didn't need matrix like reactions to play the ball Lol.:D

Sorry whoever joined my room and was left sitting there waiting me to tab into the game - I got distracted replying to gas' post.

EarlCG added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I cannot say playing against your custom field, 3 fast bowlers and erratic bowling was fun.
I hope you don't mean that literally :(.

Some of those deliveries were so random (cursor starting on the stumps and ending out wide outside off etc etc) yet because you were obviously hitting the execution meter spot on timing was impossible, when in reality deliveries like that would be punished.

Well, as we already know, the bowling line and lengths are already out on this game, so you can't trust your eye and cricketing brain when playing shots.

I don't know about spot on tbh - I was trying my best but a lot were in the light green. Once the bowlers confidence gets up and your batsmen's goes down it does make things mighty tough though.

I only started scoring once the medium pacers came on because i didn't need matrix like reactions to play the ball Lol.
Are you actually trying to make me play as SA rather than Australia? ;)

Lol sorry man i don't mean to sound bitter. But this experience just makes me hate custom fields. Because the only option for me to score runs was by lofted shots, and as soon as that happens the fun factor deteriorates rapidly.

My moaning won't stop people from doing it though, and nor should it. I just want to play normal cricket as close to realism as possible but that just ain't possible.

As promised.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread