PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Just played a match against xvalarian.
I lost but he bowled really well. His fast bowlers were firing with real pace. Good game big guy. Lost 79/10 against 98/10 in 10 overs

I find playing straight an impossibly high risk for the reward. If you time it perfectly the bowler will either field it or catch you. I very rarely hit a straight (non-lofted) boundary.

Lol sorry man i don't mean to sound bitter. But this experience just makes me hate custom fields. Because the only option for me to score runs was by lofted shots, and as soon as that happens the fun factor deteriorates rapidly.

My moaning won't stop people from doing it though, and nor should it. I just want to play normal cricket as close to realism as possible but that just ain't possible.

I'm a bit perplexed as to how my field was unrealistic? I had a slip, a gully, a point, a cover, a deep extra cover, deep mid off, deep mid on, deep mid wicket and a square leg. I later had to put in a deep fine leg (think I took out cover) because you kept hitting me off your legs down there. Edit: Just remembered I took out gully because the fielding restrictions (two close fielders) were over.

There were plenty of spaces to score in I thought.

EarlCG added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

I find playing straight an impossibly high risk for the reward. If you time it perfectly the bowler will either field it or catch you. I very rarely hit a straight (non-lofted) boundary.

There's some truth to that. I primarily play through the covers and midwicket against most people. If I do play down the ground I play the side the bowler isn't. I'm no batsmen IRL (I'm not anything cricket-wise IRL tbh) but would you play a straight drive to a ball on the game's "ideal length" if it was on the right line?

Last edited:
I'm a bit perplexed as to how my field was unrealistic? I had a slip, a gully, a point, a cover, a deep extra cover, deep mid off, deep mid on, deep mid wicket and a square leg. I later had to put in a deep fine leg (think I took out cover) because you kept hitting me of your legs down there.

There were plenty of spaces to score in I thought.

I never said the field was unrealistic. But your bowling was so erratic and fast that picking the minute gaps in your well planned field is nigh on impossible.

The one time i did managed to score a boundary in the power play overs (legside) you just bowled quite wide, which meant i could only score with a lofted, but a slight mis judgement on the timing meant i would be caught by the fielders you mention.

IMO this just proves how unpractical custom fields are.

With fast bowling, hitting the execution meter spot on, it does not matter where you bowl the timing meter and custom fields make scoring runs too hard.

IMO you're focusing on the wrong bit. Custom fields aren't the problem (you can't have cricket game where you're unable to position fielders where you want them, can you?)

It's the ball difficulty and shot execution calculations which are problematic. However, we knew that as soon as we saw how full the ideal length is.

Last edited:
I have created a ODI 10 over game if anyone wants to join
For some reason I can never join some people's game

IMO you're focusing on the wrong bit. Custom fields aren't the problem (you can't have cricket game where you're unable to position fielders where you want them, can you?)

It's the ball difficulty and shot execution calculations which are problematic. However, we knew that as soon as we saw how full the ideal length is.

that's probably the case, but i think i'll just avoid people using custom fields from now on where possible.

Just had a game against a guy called sachin2k9 rather end just as he fell to 2/6 off 3.3 overs. There was zero lag at my end.

There are some dodgy run out animation issues in this game. He edged a ball into his pads and ran, leaving the ball a foot away from his stumps. The bowler picked the ball up and should have just extended his arm to hit the stumps, but he instead ran through the wicket and turned around before throwing, giving the batsmen enough time get in.

Yep I have played this guy and the connection was lost as he was losing wickets pronto. I reserve judgement!;)

Why is the game crashing so many times with so many people? Even I experienced it today when I was playing with mannu. :facepalm

well
i main reinstalling the game
i think transmission games should release a patch which atleast fixes the crash or stuck bug in the game

Just played a guy called "hitforsixandout" in the laggiest game I've had yet - it was lagging at the flippin' coin toss even. He was 1/4 after a single over when it finally dropped - how he timed the ball enough to get that one I don't know.

Sounds like you need to start your own creed! ;)

Lol yeah, I'll have to enforce my nazi regime of the spirit of cricket somewhere.

I look forward to your first game against such tactics. Erratic bowling, random wide line, 3 fast bowlers, and custom fields.

Sounds delish.

Users who are viewing this thread