PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1. My apologies, it may have been a day one pitch , but a day 5 pitch would only help the spinners wont it ?

2. Again , I was wrong , just checked the screenshots you did use 4 men outside the circle

3. Well you didn't have 5 spinners now did you ? You bowled spinners after the 6th over as the spinners can be easily tweaked for singles & during the powerplay that could translate into boundaries . This in turn would have cost you runs, which would have decreased bowler confidence , thereby eliminating the doosra altogether.

You chose only 3 spinners to bowl 12 overs & not a 4th one as a spinner who doesn't bowl a doosra ( like KP ) is much less lethal during the last few overs, not to mention he can be put away for big runs ( Ala Mr. Gayle ).

Would you mind clearing my doubts, with the same teams in a 5 over game in S.A ?

I dont mind picking up the Zulus, ill host. In case you have the time :)

Peace

Hey man thanks for the reply. Yeah, all pretty much as you stated.

As you said, i played Anderson, Freddie, Swann, Rashid and Patel as the 5th bowler. All bowled out their overs.

I just tried to keep it ultra realistic, and i think i did a good job. If you notcied, that field i used for the last two overs with Anderson and Freddie was exactly what you would see. Full bowling with long off and long on out, 3rd man and fine leg in position etc.

As for a 5 over game I'm sorry. I only play 20 over/50 over games, I'm not one for trying to score as many as you can in 5 overs. For me, the real skill comes in at 20 overs game +. A real test is a 50 over game, keeping concentration for that length of time is tough. One of my only defeats was at the hands of the mighty Colin who defeated me in a 50 over game.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Hey man thanks for the reply. Yeah, all pretty much as you stated.

As you said, i played Anderson, Freddie, Swann, Rashid and Patel as the 5th bowler. All bowled out their overs.

I just tried to keep it ultra realistic, and i think i did a good job. If you notcied, that field i used for the last two overs with Anderson and Freddie was exactly what you would see. Full bowling with long off and long on out, 3rd man and fine leg in position etc.

As for a 5 over game I'm sorry. I only play 20 over/50 over games, I'm not one for trying to score as many as you can in 5 overs. For me, the real skill comes in at 20 overs game +. A real test is a 50 over game, keeping concentration for that length of time is tough. One of my only defeats was at the hands of the mighty Colin who defeated me in a 50 over game.

Suits me fine Gasman , But lemme tell you , with you i played something that was not my cup of tea as I play only 5 & 10 over games. In fact the game that i played with you was my second 20-20 .

It was not until the match started , I realized that you had picked up spinners just because of the Kolkata pitch & Under Lights :facepalm. Never the less it was a learning experience.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Suits me fine Gasman , But lemme tell you , with you i played something that was not my cup of tea as I play only 5 & 10 over games. In fact the game that i played with you was my second 20-20 .

It was not until the match started , I realized that you had picked up spinners just because of the Kolkata pitch & Under Lights :facepalm. Never the less it was a learning experience.

Yep use the experience wisely mate, slogging every ball does not work in the longer forms of the game. :)

Also man, you must not blame the pitch for your defeat Lol.

Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Also man, you must not blame the pitch for your defeat Lol.

That is exactly the doubt that i have and thats why i wanted you to play a 5 over game with me in SA with you playing the same team.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Disastrous first match v barmyarmy - even though it's only ten overs, I need to play my batsmen in more...

You live and learn; great fun though. :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Good game MasterBlaster76 but seriously you're the slowest guy I've ever played against. Nearly threw my controller out the window with all the "waiting for" messages. Were you watching every single cut scene or something?
Anyway well played.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Well Played Chris, In my eyes you are the winner. Well done & well played :)

Though I still feel that spinners are not that effective when playing on a Hard Pitch in a 5 over game.

This scorecard just shows that spinners can be put away too & you certainly would have won had you used pacers instead of spinners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread