PC or PS3?

Thanks guys, everyone's input is much appreciated.

I won't be getting the game just yet anyway so I have time to think about it. Colin makes a good point as I tend to go round my mate's house Wednesday nights and play on it for a fair while and I'm not a massive online player.

But lately my PC, despite having a great graphics card and being a internet/gaming purpose built computer, has started to really slow down and gaming has become frustrating (FM09 takes an age to play a match).

At the moment I am swaying toward the PC version, mainly because that's what I have always had. But I may change my mind once I come to actually buying it, which will probably be around Christmas time when it's cheaper and I have regained a bit of my money lost on Fifa 10, FM10 and Madden 10.

Thanks guys...for the info..I am leaning towards buying the PS3. However, I saw that there is a demo out there for PS3. Where do I find that demo? Can some help me out. Thanks.:)

Thanks guys, everyone's input is much appreciated.

I won't be getting the game just yet anyway so I have time to think about it. Colin makes a good point as I tend to go round my mate's house Wednesday nights and play on it for a fair while and I'm not a massive online player.

But lately my PC, despite having a great graphics card and being a internet/gaming purpose built computer, has started to really slow down and gaming has become frustrating (FM09 takes an age to play a match).

At the moment I am swaying toward the PC version, mainly because that's what I have always had. But I may change my mind once I come to actually buying it, which will probably be around Christmas time when it's cheaper and I have regained a bit of my money lost on Fifa 10, FM10 and Madden 10.

Recent slowdown on your PC?

Defrag HDD.
Run CCleaner, ChkDsk (and make sure disks aren't too full - allow 15% free space)
Run malware scan (viruses, spyware etc).

Open case and clean out dust.

Defrag HDD.
Run CCleaner, ChkDsk (and make sure disks aren't too full - allow 15% free space)

Or buy a ps3 and never have to worry about all that ;)

During Christmas time this game should be dirt cheap, especially trade-in-value. I would just ask around school/ work if anyone does not want their copy anymore. You might be able to buy both copies for the retail price of 1.

Craigslist is excellent for video games in my city. Many kids are willing to sell games for $5! Its worth having a look on craigslist.

Defrag HDD.

Tried defraging but it hasn't done anything. I actually have 50% free space. I do infact need to run a full system virus scan sometime soon, but apart from that I have no idea what the problem is.

I tried the demo and it was all jerky and slow making it totally unplayable. Looks like it'll be PS3 for me unless I can get this PC problem sorted out.

Tried defraging but it hasn't done anything. I actually have 50% free space. I do infact need to run a full system virus scan sometime soon, but apart from that I have no idea what the problem is.

I tried the demo and it was all jerky and slow making it totally unplayable. Looks like it'll be PS3 for me unless I can get this PC problem sorted out.

Tell me your PC Configuration i.e. Processor, RAM, GFX Card, Operating System & I can tell you if itll be worth it or not.

Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
2.78GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)

Just copied that info off the system bit in control panel and found the graphics card name in display properties > settings. Is that the right info?

From what I've heard most people are struggling to run it off a P4 processor. It's a shame as you definitely meet the minimum spec as did I with my old computer. However, like you, I found it totally unplayable.

Good decision. Especially with the price drop to $299 and when you have this coming out mid October as well. :) About the same time the final patch for AC should be out.

Keep things simple. With PS3 you will have nothing to worry about, no minimum specs, no ram issues, no CPU issues, no hard disk or virus problems.

The game is so much better on console anyway.

will make life easier for you, plus now you can sit on the couch and play.

Cant wait to play you :)

Users who are viewing this thread