PC or PS3?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but if there is just point me to it and close this down.

I'm planning on buying the game at some point but I want to know on which platform to get it. All of my cricket games in the past have been on the computer and I know that patching done here makes most of the games much bareable. But with AC09 looking so good and the fact that my mate has it on PS3 makes me wonder which to get it on. I would love to be able to play online with my mate but I also want the best out of the game.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

P

pcfan123

I say get it on ps3, there is a large planet cricket AC09 ps3 community, we would love to have another player

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd say get it on PC and if you want to play your mate go round to his house.
The edited PC roster has about 200 extra players plus eventually kits, bats etc will be customised.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
PC. It's the only format where the graphics, sound and so on can be edited and trust me, when these P.C. modders get going with a game, they can do great things!

Params7

International Cricketer
PC for the mods. PS3 for online (much less quitters compared to PC and I can almost always find someone to play at any given time).

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have had this game on both PC and PS3 and it comes down to your preference
If you enjoy online then definitely go for PS3 beacuse on PC if your computer is not high end you will get lots of lag isuues and performance issues and disconnects even though other person didn't quit
If you enjoy offline then PC is better since you will be able to apply user created patches from here and it will enhance the gameplay
I love online mode because there is tough competition when you play people like hmarka, LegendBoy, Aslett, etc since they are the toughest freaking AI you will ever face. The online on PS3 is awesome and I get mostly 0 lag compared to PC and far better batting experience. After the update it will get even better

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
PC version is crap IMO. If I have to give rating out of 10 then this will be mine rating

PC: 5/10
Console version: 9/10 (10/10 after a good patch)

Let me give you reasons why:

1. Graphics are better on console version. With the PC version the camera is at slightly more distance than console version. You are much closer to the action with the console version.

2. PC version is far too easy than the console version. The batting is far too easy in the PC version.

3. Larger online community with the console version and ability to interact is missing in the PC version. It is nice to be abe to send someone message after the game.

4. There is no ranking system with the PC version, only number of runs and wickets you have scored. You don't really know where you stand in the world, with Xbox 360 I can say I am ranked number 1 in the world.

5. Less likely to crash on console.

6. Easier to set up and just play on console. Too much time wasted to configure your controller settings and it still may not work perfect. Xbox and PS3 controllers are much more responsive.

In realty Codemaster and Transmission makes more money from the console versions than PC version (I think the percentage is 80% for consoles and 20% for PCs), PC users are basically guinea pigs for testing the beta patches and new developments in the game.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

^ Excellent points here.

Also, I have 4 roommates and 4 controllers. Whenever we are playing its always 2 vs 2 and even then someone sits out. There is no way we would play these games if we had to crouch around someones computer isntead of the big HDTV and couches.

Not sure what your situation is , just my two cents.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
If you have a Good Computer & Good Internet , PC version is what you want. But yes if your computer is lacking some muscle , its much recommended to get the PS3 version.

I myself was contemplating getting the game for Xbox 360 or the PC , but since I have a 3.2 GHz Core 2 Quad , 4GB Ram & a 1GB 9800GT, I decided to go for the PC version.

I can safely say that it was a fine bet , as i have graphics as good as the console version ( with the beta patch ) & i have correct rosters ( thanks to SRK ) & an excellent collection of Kits, Bats & Logos ( Made them myself )

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
It is not about the graphic cards or memory. No matter how powerfull your PC is you are not going the benefits I listed above.

The games is just about 20 times better on console. I think you can download the demos for both and decide for youself. Please let us know, the friendly community at PLANETCRICKET as to which way you went.

Do you really care about kits, logos and bats? If the answer is yes then take Kabooka's words. If you want the real thrill of cricket and a bit of banter between your opponents and a real dynamic game then get PS3 version, you won't regrett.

PC is boring and dull game.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't agree about the graphics or difficulty. I've played the game on PS3 and my graphics are better. The difficulty is the same,

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
I don't agree about the graphics or difficulty. I've played the game on PS3 and my graphics are better. The difficulty is the same,

I was not referring to just the sharpness of the graphics. I find the graphics on Xbox 360 are more fluid than the PC version. The camera is more closer to the action than the PC version. It get you more involved in the game. I find the PC version a bit boring. The players' movements are much authentic on the console version.

Maybe I will try to do some pictures to show you guys what I mean, if I get the time.

Batting is easier on PC version, I only did a couple of ODIs online, it seemed like it was running on easy difficulty level. My opponent got 78 in five over, I said to myself I am in trouble here but I got the runs with one and half over to spare.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've not tried PS3 online so you might be right. With the graphics just depends on how good your PC graphics card is really.

Users who are viewing this thread