PC version 1.20.1 released

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys

You still need to look at:

- score not updating during a game (will be 0/0 at the start of an over in the middle of an innings)
- bowlers changing sides multiple times during an over...and I mean all bowlers. This needs to be reduced and bowlers need to stick to bowling over the wicket for the majority of the time.
- some AI fields still need to be tweaked...I'm facing 5 slips, a gully and a fly slip!!

Happy to keep testing as long as you're still tweaking! :)

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I've got a question - why is it that the stadium announcer, at the end of the match, counts? he usually says something like 'blah blah blah and the batting team takes the victory'...then pause..then 'One' or 'two' or 'five'. Why the counting? I don't use the default commentators (gets annoying) so I hear the announcer loud and clear.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you Big Ant for this patch!

Its friday night and i could test the brand new button - 'Set field for all batsmen'
This works very well. No more annoying doing the same thing over and over.

You guys rock!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Bug: On Co-op 2 vs AI Online

-Game disconnects and someone has to close so that the other can save it.
-On resuming the game, the bowler's player changes i.e if I was bowling with that bowler on resuming the control goes to the partner.
-In such an event we were able to resume the game only when both of us closed the game and restarted it otherwise it was the "Unable to join session" error.

Pic on disconnect..Seems like a lag but its not..[Look at the batsman, other fielders move,clap etc but batsman totally stuck, so only way is to quit the game and resume]

2015-07-10_00003.jpg 2015-07-10_00004.jpg

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Is anything going to be done about the AI shot selection? They just give their wicket away constantly due to chipped shots(the on-drive being the biggest offender, especially against spin) and cut-shots to balls that shouldn't be cut at all.

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't think the update does what it claims to do..
In my career, the field placement of the AI hardly changes, and most of the times there are 4-5 players in the slips, leaving the entire ground empty, so scoring runs has become down right easy..
I am not at all pleased with this update.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
In my career, the field placement of the AI hardly changes, and most of the times there are 4-5 players in the slips, leaving the entire ground empty, so scoring runs has become down right easy..
Are you resuming an ongoing match, or do new matches started since the patch have the same thing?

bingtin

Club Cricketer
Not very happy with this update (playing on PC). Playing as a bowler in Career mode.

- Setting fields (gripe number 1): Once I set a field, I hit the "Set field for all batsmen" button. Half the time it works, half the time it sets the field to a preset field for both batsmen.
- Setting fields (gripe number 2): I set a field for a particular batsman. The next over I bowl, I find that the field has been changed from what I had it set to in the previous over. This is very frustrating, as every few overs I have to re-set my field for a batsman who is still in. This happens particularly when a new bowler has been brought on at the other end in the middle of my spell.
- AI fielding: Many more instances of fielders shuffling/sidestepping towards the path of the ball, then letting the ball run past them.

The only thing I can really say that I like about the update is the AI running between wickets. Much more aggressive, even to the point that I had a 4 all run against me in a Matador Cup game. Also means more run-outs (had four in quick succession in a Big Bash League match I played).

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Are you resuming an ongoing match, or do new matches started since the patch have the same thing?
I have played a number of matches since the update, the problem remains the same.
Its more visible in longer formats, than the shorter ones...

bingtin

Club Cricketer
Another gripe to add regarding AI fielding:

As much as I like the aggressive AI running between wickets, it is annoying to see my fielders jogging after the ball, rather than sprinting to try to stop an extra run from being scored. Funny how when my career player is batting I can never get 4 all run, but I've had it happen to me twice while bowling.

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Couple of issues that i have noticed in local co-op.

1. Unable to resume a saved game in co-op mode. I started playing a casual game in co-op mode . Saved the game and while trying to resume it only one player can be assigned to either of the team.

2. The fielding HUD(Field position names above the fielders while pressing RT) doesn't appear for both the players. What i have noted is initially player two can see the fielding HUD and player 1 can't see. Once the player1 gets out and new batsmen comes in for player 1 now player 1 can see the HUD and player 2 can't.

If this issue is not already there in your bug list pl add and fix the same if possible.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just played a little career mode, because apparently Matt is too good for us all now, something about "Working" and "Office" and stuff and things... anywho, funny run-out happened when the AI dived to make the crease, missed by a mile and got run out... it's that same bug that we suffered night on 12 months ago and now the AI is experiencing it, now they're taking riskier runs, haha. Wonderful.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Playing my career mode spinner (into 2nd season) for the first time on this patch and experienced my first ever edge to slip off a block (I've had ONE other edge to slip off a slog in a t20). Ok so it was off a slider that didnt turn at all but I'll take it at this stage ;). Hoping this isn't just a freak occurence!

(sorry for crap video quality)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The edges and play and misses in this game are like no other game. Bat-Pads aswell.

My only issue with the game and lets not forget it is just a game is the fact that these occur once in a blue moon.

If they could be uncreased ever so slightly, for me its the perfect cricket game.

I wanna see some bat pads fly past the close fielders etc.

Users who are viewing this thread