Story PC Vs The ROW - First test Lunch Day 1 Kenya 8/145

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good discussion going on....
And good decision in making Hedger Cap..:)
Good luck all people.... practice well.... I am right now performing at CLT20....
And Mate, when is opening match??

gutterman

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
it will be starting soon ive started playing the first match now

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
lol... no worries.... I'll back tomorrow night as I even got a REAL call from my coach. He said that I've to attend selection for Hyderabad team day after tomorrow morning..:)
So, this may be my life turning point if I get select..!! (Cricinfo profile.. HCA kit... and my mind says,"You Idiot. STOP dreaming.. First get selected in team":p:p)

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
But I have my ever time spoil sport in. IBRAHIM KHALEEL Hope that guy just gets injured so that I can be in atleast in probable 30 squad.
PS: its selection for probable 30 men.
And its the major squad as they send 13 membered set to play and rest will not go anywhere. And if someone won't perform, in these left out members, they'll pick.
Hopefully, if Khaleel gets injured, I may have a green signal as I don't think there are many keepers in our city..

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Glad to see that I was picked as the spinner for this game.

Bad luck Amiya, hopefully we can bowl in tandem eventually, or you'll be picked if I get thumped!

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

lets hope erection and the rest of the middle order stay strong and firm :D

You can let yourself out :D

gutterman

International Cricketer
sorry i havent been able to update. my save file has been deleted and will have to start the match again. i was planning on updating today but it probably wont happen till late tomorrow early the next day

gutterman

International Cricketer
It is a beautiful cool, clear day today. The crowd is still filing in. Its a wonderful day for cricket and we have two teams raring to go. We'll go down to the toss now where PC XI's Captain Brendon Hedger is ready to call.He calls heads and its a tail. He loses the toss and Kenya have chosen to bat. This will be an interesting first session for both teams as Kenya have never played an International Test Match, but also PC XI have never played an international match across any format.

We are now all set for the match and both teams now walking onto the field. To open the batting we have K Otieno and S Waters. They will be looking to score some big runs today in hopes of posting a decent total for them in their first match. To open the bowling for PC we have Mahur Verma and Humphrey Marka. These two have excelled in their domestic games and have been chosen by their good form. Its a good match up, probably swinging in the favour Of PC.

The first over of the day was to be bowled by Madhur Verma. He started off with a blistering first over reaching a top speed of 151.1kph and almost had Otieno caught behind if only the ball had carried to first slip. Marka Kept it tight in his first spell before getting his first wicket in Otieno, completly ripping his middle stump out of the ground. Waters stayed strong in defence while still scoring runs and it wasnt long before PC had their second wicket A Obanda ran himself out less than half an hour later.

Kenya were starting to score quickly but also losing wickets on a regular basis as they slumped to 8/145 by lunch. Waters the star for Kenya in the first session scoring 74 from 89 balls before being caught by Gary in the deep from the superb bowling of Tom Baker. Baker was only on for two overs after being carted for 18 off of his two overs. Nearly everyone chipped in with the wickets but the problem for PC was the rate Kenya was scoring. Reaching almost five runs and over, isnt a rate you would normally see. But the only problem for Kenya is their wickets in hand. It will be interesting to see how both teams go in the next session.

Lunch Day 1,
Kenya 8/145
R Bhudia 6* (14)
P Ongondo 0* (1)

Bowling
Verma - 10 - 1 - 47 - 1 - 4.70
Marka - 8 - 1 - 17 - 1 - 2.13
Thiya* - 4 - 0 - 21 - 2 - 5.25
Gary - 4 - 0 - 29 - 2 - 7.25
Witters - 2 - 0 - 13 - 0 - 6.50
Baker - 2 - 0 - 18 - 1 - 9.00

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Nice start boys, the opening quicks didnt take too many wickets but we kept it tight eh. 6 bowlers in 1 session? Interesting captaincy, at least its working.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Captain Brendon Hedger is ready to call.He calls heads and its a head

That isn't right. If it was like that, I would have won the toss but you said Kenya won the toss. Good start to the innings. I also want to bring myself on for a few overs when/if the team can't get a wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread