Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Thought I'll just point out the obvious here guys. This is PCPL not Mafia !!! Do not for one moment think by applying pressure on us that we will give in into your reticulations demands... This leg has been as transparent as can be ...

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thought I'll just point out the obvious here guys. This is PCPL not Mafia !!! Do not for one moment think by applying pressure on us that we will give in into your reticulations demands... This leg has been as transparent as can be ...
We trust you guys, hence counting at as a mistake while thread title is a joke. We will wait for some clarity. Thanks. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1504955780][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys let's give them enough time and wait. Thank you!

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
This leg has been as transparent as can be ...

PC Mod, Team owner, Auctioneer and PCPL manager editing bids in attempted coverup then claims transparency.

That is a mafia line.

Villain might be more forgiving. Im not. Just want some basic professionalism and equitable application of the rules.

Will give User a chance, but im likely out.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
PC Mod, Team owner, Auctioneer and PCPL manager editing bids in attempted coverup then claims transparency.

That is a mafia line.

Villain might be more forgiving. Im not. Just want some basic professionalism and equitable application of the rules.

Will give User a chance, but im likely out.
:facepalm If you are referring to the opening of Franklin Kapry then basic logic would tell you a PC player can not start on 52k as the :purpo: PC players base price start with 9,000 vCash , bid increments are between 1,000 vCash and 5,000 vCash. Perhaps you might be overtired Mike.... get some sleep ;)

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
:facepalm If you are referring to the opening of Franklin Kapry then basic logic would tell you a PC player can not start on 52k as the :purpo: PC players base price start with 9,000 vCash , bid increments are between 1,000 vCash and 5,000 vCash. Perhaps you might be overtired Mike.... get some sleep ;)

Rudolph edited a bid. A bid for his team on an official bid post.
There's is no doubt that the bid was a mistake, there is no doubt it was an invalid bid.

My issue is not that the bid didn't go through.
My issue is that the instinctive reaction was to edit the post, not post anything and then hope it goes away. I'm calling it an attempted coverup.

It took multiple posts from me and others (mainly me) and the confirmation from the mod logs to get any sort of reaction, and that reaction was nothing that admitted any fault or recognition of an error in judgement.

It reaction in itself demonstrated the hypocracy, because he is a mod he feels he is above the rules that he himself must have had some hand in setting.

This thread he has also ignored that whole issue aswell.

Plus, in this thread, he quoted a PM, in his defence he did redact my name, but it's one of 4, its obvious linguistically it was me. Again, it was all in our team thread that I was persuing that and even posted the same messages. It still stands PM's were quoted publicly.

If the instinctual reaction of a PC mod, Team owner, PCPL management and Auctioneer is to perform a coverup, I dont see how how anyone can have confidence in anything PCPL. I certainly don't.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
I copied and pasted the format from my previous post with the intro of Kapry. No one can open a bid for 52k, come now guys.
If you would please be so kind to read posts before you start a debate it would be greatly appreciated.
I copied and pasted the format from my previous post with the intro of Kapry. No one can open a bid for 52k, come now guys.

Over & Out
Rudi

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Better to leave it to User now. We'll wait.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Perhaps you might be overtired Mike.... get some sleep ;)

And that's the nail in the coffin.
A typical response from senior mods around here who rest on the laurels of the colour of their name. If someone raises something against a mod the action is never to admit anything and just call the person wrong on an emotional level.
Last year Rudi said a team was not able to be managed effectively by a woman. She was told that wasn't an issue by User.
Now I'm calling out unprofessionalism and I must be tired.
You even now have him ignoring members (so says his profile post), mods should be proactive in dealing with issues, how can they if they ignore the likely source?

PC is a great forum, it has amazing potential but its too stuck protecting the inner circle. There is also an inherent undertone of misogyny, but my views on that are pretty well known and no doubt these posts will be removed from view and ill be called crazy.

Cya later all.[DOUBLEPOST=1504957818][/DOUBLEPOST]@CerealKiller @Villain

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
And that's the nail in the coffin.
A typical response from senior mods around here who rest on the laurels of the colour of their name. If someone raises something against a mod the action is never to admit anything and just call the person wrong on an emotional level.
Last year Rudi said a team was not able to be managed effectively by a woman. She was told that wasn't an issue by User.
Now I'm calling out unprofessionalism and I must be tired.
You even now have him ignoring members (so says his profile post), mods should be proactive in dealing with issues, how can they if they ignore the likely source?

PC is a great forum, it has amazing potential but its too stuck protecting the inner circle. There is also an inherent undertone of misogyny, but my views on that are pretty well known and no doubt these posts will be removed from view and ill be called crazy.

Cya later all.[DOUBLEPOST=1504957818][/DOUBLEPOST]@CerealKiller @Villain
No need to take that seriously mate. PM. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Had a look at the post in question - it is clear that the bid form was simply copied from Kurt's bid section, the icons/smilies removed from it but not the number. They didn't gain an advantage from the edit, I see it as merely correcting a mistake.

That said - that you're having the auction process moved on in the same post as that user is making a bid on behalf of their team isn't the best practice. I think the final sale price wasn't determined in this case - but later on as money gets tighter and the pool of players smaller, the same user being able to open the auction on someone, and put in a base price bid would be an unfair advantage (as the ability to outbid that base price would be reduced).

I'd hope the PCPL management (which isn't me - I'm not involved in organising it) could find a way to ensure that there's no advantage to being the team commencing the bid - ideally in my view having the auctioneers not being the bidders for their respective teams, or if that wouldn't work giving advance notice when a bid will start, so that all teams have a chance to be the first bid.

I'd hope you reconsider your decision to leave.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had a look at the post in question - it is clear that the bid form was simply copied from Kurt's bid section, the icons/smilies removed from it but not the number. They didn't gain an advantage from the edit, I see it as merely correcting a mistake.

That said - that you're having the auction process moved on in the same post as that user is making a bid on behalf of their team isn't the best practice. I think the final sale price wasn't determined in this case - but later on as money gets tighter and the pool of players smaller, the same user being able to open the auction on someone, and put in a base price bid would be an unfair advantage (as the ability to outbid that base price would be reduced).

I'd hope the PCPL management (which isn't me - I'm not involved in organising it) could find a way to ensure that there's no advantage to being the team commencing the bid - ideally in my view having the auctioneers not being the bidders for their respective teams, or if that wouldn't work giving advance notice when a bid will start, so that all teams have a chance to be the first bid.

I'd hope you reconsider your decision to leave.

Btw future tip, people are allowed to respond to matts posts and even give differing opinions (gasp). He won't bite (unless you repeatedly thrash him online ) !!

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
i can't understand, why PCPL management not use the sportbookie page for player auction... start a new page under name of a player who going to be auctioned, set a odds under all teams name... team owners just need to place a bet (bid) vcash on there team... which ever had most wages win the player...

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
i can't understand, why PCPL management not use the sportbookie page for player auction... start a new page under name of a player who going to be auctioned, set a odds under all teams name... team owners just need to place a bet (bid) vcash on there team... which ever had most wages win the player...
Nah! :noway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread