PCs football team - Droylsden FC

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wait a second, the game in which he picked the card was abandoned? Umm, shouldn't it not count then? Do goals scored in abandoned games count? I'm unfamiliar with these rules, can someone fill me in?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure why people are so eager for a conference side to be chucked out of the FA Cup when it's clear there was confusion over fixtures.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Wait a second, the game in which he picked the card was abandoned? Umm, shouldn't it not count then? Do goals scored in abandoned games count? I'm unfamiliar with these rules, can someone fill me in?

Right, Shaun Newton was on 4 Yellow cards, and in the first game with Chesterfield he picked up a yellow which meant he had his 5th and an automatic one match ban, The game was then abandoned, however, the FA decided the suspension would still count. Then this is where it gets confusing, there are rumours around that Droylsden sent a fax to the FA Stating Shaun would be suspended for the Boxing Day game, and the FA accepted that, however, when the Chesterfield game was re-arranged, Droylsden sent another fax to the FA asking if he was still ok to play against Chesterfield, however, there was no reply.

Very confusing.

I'm not sure why people are so eager for a conference side to be chucked out of the FA Cup when it's clear there was confusion over fixtures.

Because everyone is the same, just look at the bad things, nothing good. :rolleyes:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I think its good to see that the right decision was made in the end as I said before if this had happened to a Premiership club there'd be blood if they were allowed to stay.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
At least you got to feel what it's like to have an upcoming fixture with Ipswich. I feel sorry for Droylsden but they cheated sadly.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think its good to see that the right decision was made in the end as I said before if this had happened to a Premiership club there'd be blood if they were allowed to stay.
That's the point though. A Premier League club has the time and resources to get these things right. A Conference North club doesn't.

Anyone feel the FA is biased towards the Premier League?

skater added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

At least you got to feel what it's like to have an upcoming fixture with Ipswich. I feel sorry for Droylsden but they cheated sadly.
I know what's that like too.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Current score:

Redditch United 0-3 Droylsden (McGuire 10, Gray 13,20)

What a start! :)

This is backing our mid-week 1-0 win up brilliantly! :)

DPRA added 20 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

4-0 at Half Time :)

Users who are viewing this thread