IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
KKR need to chase whatever SRH set today, in 92 balls (i.e. 15.2 overs) in order to get to the 2nd spot. They need to keep SRH to as low a total as possible in order to set up a 15.2 over chase. If SRH get to a decent total, it will become very tough for KKR to chase it in 15.2 overs.

Hope SRH set them 150+. :D

Well, Brendon Taylor could've(and maybe should've) been given a chance over Holder. Their middle order looks ridiculous and matches are won by middle orders(in most cases)

Well, Brendon Taylor could've(and maybe should've) been given a chance over Holder. Their middle order looks ridiculous and matches are won by middle orders(in most cases)

I can't get my head round why he hasn't been given a go. His form in the World T20 should've been enough to earn him a place in the side. The only question is, who would've he replaced?

Man .. fking IPL. I dont know whether to love it or hate it when a Legend like Steyn gets massacred like that repeatedly

Lookout CSK, we are on the track!

----------

Awesome Pathan :thumbs

----------

Killed! CSK ! We did it! KKR :thumbs

500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Last edited:
Mind goes back to that CSK vs KXIP game where KXIP scored 230 and Dhoni plodded his way around slowly, and finally said that he was playing to minimize damage and had his eye on the NRR. When a guy like Dhoni doesn't have faith in himself to successfully execute the big hits where guys like Bailey, Miller, Maxwell, etc were able to successfully execute them, its a pathetic show from the so-called world's greatest current hitter. Had he gone for the big hits and connected, he might have improved the NRR even more.

That game contributed to our position right now in the table. What should have been an easy Top 2 spot, has now become a scrap of sorts to get again into the finals for the 3rd consecutive time. Only respite is that, CSK are battle hardened when it comes to knockouts and know the drill.

Darren Sammy: "I wish I could hit like that."

WOW. You need to be a seriously good hitter to get that from Sammy. That was some inning by Yusuf Pathan. The way he smacked Dale Steyn for 26 runs in an over was brilliant to watch. I just hope he can perform more consistently. On the other hand, Dale Steyn has been very poor for Sunrisers this season. He has struggled and that is one of the reason Sunrisers hasn't qualified for the semi.

Users who are viewing this thread