IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
@Epic: I have no problem with aggressive players. There's nothing more exciting when the aggression is shown on the field at the right time, in the right way. I have enjoyed the likes of Ganguly, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, etc (also players from other countries) when they have shown good aggression.

But there are lines that should not be crossed IMO. And when you have not yet made a mark in cricket, you should not be shouting your mouth off to a very senior player who hasn't provoked you in anyway, just because you faced a single ball and hit a six off that ball to win your team a close spot to the playoff. I dont want all players to be like Sachin, Dravid, Dhoni, etc but I also dont want players who shown aggression unnecessarily and just for the sake of a show off.

There is nothing bad in showing aggression.It is just a reaction.It should be taken lightly.Tare did that to watson but that doesn't mean he is not a good guy.TBH i was amazed by the body language of tare,he came in to bat in a do or die situation but still he was relaxed,chewing gum & was out of tension as if he has got to do nothing.

The match is postponed to tomorrow at 4 PM due to rain. Good decision :cheers

Well it was raining, I rather have full 20 over games than just few 12/10 or even less over game.

Sad thing is that Thursday seems the only normal day to play cricket on, rain is still predicted tomorrow, I say they should try the Pune one, or some other venue, it's not too late yet.

Relocating from Kolkata to Pune... :rolleyes

The problem with a Thursday game is the loser of KXIP vs KKR needs to be ready for the 2nd qualifier on Friday, and the winner of that has to be ready for the final that very Sunday.

@Epic: I have no problem with aggressive players. There's nothing more exciting when the aggression is shown on the field at the right time, in the right way. I have enjoyed the likes of Ganguly, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, etc (also players from other countries) when they have shown good aggression.

But there are lines that should not be crossed IMO. And when you have not yet made a mark in cricket, you should not be shouting your mouth off to a very senior player who hasn't provoked you in anyway, just because you faced a single ball and hit a six off that ball to win your team a close spot to the playoff. I dont want all players to be like Sachin, Dravid, Dhoni, etc but I also dont want players who shown aggression unnecessarily and just for the sake of a show off.

I guess where our lines are drawn is different, I saw no problem with what Tare did, if I'm honest my line is probably along the lines of what happened between Pollard and Starc, that's all I'd want this gentlemen game to stay away from.

Wait, so if they actually postpone the game will that mean KXIP qualify for the final because they won the most amount of games?

Users who are viewing this thread