IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
Just a great night for Riders. Narine was just troubling the batsmen and was making them to dance on the pitch. World class bowling to be honest. The second wicket partnership between Pandey and Kallis has done job for them as they could score 160+. It was easy enough to defend with bowlers like Kallis, Narine, Morkel, Kumar in your team. Chawala did well as up to expectations.

Btw, some fine test innings from MI players.:p

----------

Brilliant overlay btw. Seems like @KBC has joined Sony Entertainers.:p

Did KKR let go of Manvinder Bisla? Uthappa was awful behind the stumps. You should not miss chances behind the stumps, more so in T20's.

Good win for KKR to start this tournament! They went back to being their usual awful self last tournament after winning the title the previous one. Lets see how they go this season.

Uthappa as a keeper was quite awful and messy. I agree with the commentators. With 3 spinners in your lineup, one of them being Narine you need someone who wont fluff the chances. They need a better keeper to maximise the skills of their bowlers

This is why I was surprised that they dropped Bisla. He has been excellent behind the stumps and I don't remember him missing a single chance off Narine . However, it would be interesting to see who would they drop if they do decide to pick Bisla.

However, it would be interesting to see who would they drop if they do decide to pick Bisla.

Uthappa ? He hasn't exactly been on fire in any of the IPLs.

Bisla can open with Kallis followed by Gambhir and Pandey.

KKR pretty lucky yesterday... malinga drop important and easy catch in middle of KKR Innings... Morkel bowl brilliantly at powerplay... Jack Kallis and Manish Pandey scored good 50's... KKR get Rayudu wicket at important stage, even Uthappa fumble on stumping him...

For MI too bad with the bat on the first match.Hussey ,Anderson and to a limit Pollard disappointed with the bat,Good to see Tare,Rohit and Rayudu performing but that was never leading us and the middle order collapse ensured KKR the win.

Earlier with the ball,only the seamers except Anderson could perform.Zaheer and Malinga remained the only wicket takers and both had a good economy of 5.75 :clap.But what led us down was the spin dept. Harbhajan was going nowhere and couldnot find a remedy against the sweep.Pollard perhaps unlucky not to get Kallis, but overall MI lost the game in the middle overs of KKR innings,if they had it the results would have been better.

151.3 KmPH wow thats fast. This is where KKR have done awesome. They now have a settled side and just need to perform to their potential. Go KKR and RR as always. Have always loved both sides. Would be cheering KXIP too have a decent side. Hate MI,CSK and SRH.

Never been much of a fan for RCB :p

What is wrong with Sunrisers?? Irfan Pathan is there..u must like the team!!

Well, we have got our 1st victory. Great. Ya I agree with you guys that Bisla is better replacement for Uthappa. I love his shots. He doesnt have a special signature shot but he can hit well. Sad to see Gauti gone for duck. This season is his chance to get back into Indian team. Also Viru too. Would like to see both of them opening the match for India.

----------

BTW Loved those 2 deliveries from Morkel to Kieron Pollard. Pace with Bounce!

Well that was a one sided game as well. Yuvraj is in form :p :D. This RCB batting lineup is so shit! If even one gets going its RCB's match single handedly. An interesting contest would be RCB vs SRH.

Well that was a one sided game as well. Yuvraj is in form :p :D. This RCB batting lineup is so shit! If even one gets going its RCB's match single handedly. An interesting contest would be RCB vs SRH.

Never before have I heard the term "so shit" in a positive manner ever

Never before have I heard the term "so shit" in a positive manner ever

That's the Western influence. People here (I think more so UK) use the word 'shite' (with the 'e' at the end) in all manners (positive, negative, etc).

That's the Western influence. People here (I think more so UK) use the word 'shite' (with the 'e' at the end) in all manners (positive, negative, etc).

Nope sir you are wrong :)

I know the slang "shite". But I don't think its ever used as a positive lol

Sick can be used as a slang for something good though. Wonder if that's a typo :P

Users who are viewing this thread