IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
At the end of the 18th over point, Rohit Sharma and MI were put on a check mate. They can't risk leaving Malinga till the last over and risk Dhoni finishing it off in the 19th over. And as it turned out, CSK gave Malinga decent respect and Dhoni duly finished it off in the final over. With someone like Dhoni, this can happen.:cheers

----------

LOL why do you have to trash talk other players :facepalm That too Malinga, who is one of the most like-able players in the cricket world right now. Everyone accepts MSD is a genius under such circumstances. But Malinga was quite brilliant once again too. Malinga is the master of death overs. His consistency is unmatchable.

Were am I trash talking Malinga? I am talking about how in all the "Malinga is a master of death bowling" hype, people forget that he had an equal match at the other end with the master of finishes, Dhoni batting against him.

Malinga's ball to Faf was a beauty, and I clapped for it (being a die hard CSK supporter).

----------

Gotta agree with you on that point , Jaddu is more of a FTB when compared to Ash.

Can't deny this!:thumbs

MI's lack of 5th bowler is hurting them a lot.. Why not try Ro or Lendl ? If there is one person MI need to pick , it is Santokie in place of Corey. Corey hasn't done shit when you consider his price tag

One thing I liked about Smith's innings is how he hung in there despite being unable to connect the ball properly. Why on earth doesn't he display this level of application for the Windies???

MI almost out of tournament,now only got one reason to watch ipl and that is loss of CSK and want new winners this season.

Last edited:
MI almost out of tournament,now only got one reason to watch ipl and that is loss of CSK and new winners this season.

----------

What makes you think MI are out ? I would say RCB , KKR , MI , SRH and DD ( yes , even DD :p ) have a chance , of varying degrees , to qualify for the 4th spot. Tantalizing season as a neutral!

Last edited:
MI need to win all their remaining 6 games to have a chance (even then it might not be enough). Delhi are almost out. Even if they win their remaining 5, they get to only 7 wins, which I dont think is enough to qualify for playoffs in a 14 match season.

Right now, KXIP and CSK look sure contenders for the playoffs (they actually look prime contenders for Top two). The remaining two spots should be between Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Bangalore and Kolkata.

MI need to win all their remaining 6 games to have a chance (even then it might not be enough). Delhi are almost out. Even if they win their remaining 5, they get to only 7 wins, which I dont think is enough to qualify for playoffs in a 14 match season.

Right now, KXIP and CSK look sure contenders for the playoffs (they actually look prime contenders for Top two). The remaining two spots should be between Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Bangalore and Kolkata.

Looking at the points tables from 2008, 2009, and 2010 (even though 2011 was a 14 match league season, there were 10 teams), you can get through with 7 wins, but with a healthy NRR and hope that no team vying for a playoff spot gets 7 wins and a NR, and teams with 8 wins had got through every time on points alone.

No RR has played 8 matches and has 10 points.Keeping in mind that CSK and KXIP are so brutal and MI has two matches against RR.So if KXIP and CSK win their matches against RR and MI too beats them in both matches then they will only have 14 points and then NRR will be the decider.So RR is also not confirmed for play-offs.

Shocking loss for KXIP.Mumbai are almost out of playoffs after that yesterday loss to Chennai.

Users who are viewing this thread