Pes 2009

D

Deleted member 13648

Lol Rob - you recycled a post off Evo-Web and re-phrased it ;)

D

Deleted member 13648

Screenshot doesn't prove that, Rob. It's likely but don't get on your high horse til a demo etc. is out.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Excluding a different font and radar, it looks precisely the same as last year's game. I probably won't buy this one.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think it proves it - the graphics are almost identical to PES 2008, the layout of the scoreboard is the same, the player name bars at the bottom look the same, the stadium (adboards, crowd etc) looks the same, the player running animations look the same, the shooting animation looks the same as one from PES 08 (in the magazine scan screenshot), the net design is the same, the extra-long shorts are the same as PES 08...

They won't keep all of that stuff the same but totally revamp the core of the gameplay.

How are they meant to hugely upgrade the graphics when loads of people complained it wouldn't run on there PC? They have the limitations of the consoles to work to, there isn't going to be a huge leap from last years as the textures used were basically the most the 360 and PS3 could cope with.

And this can't be based on one screenshot. PES5 looks the same as PES6, but they play totally different.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When you see the graphics quality on some console games like Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 and think they are not good enough and that the hardware is limiting them, you are being a graphics whore. Console graphics are good enough.

I'm far from a graphics whore. I was only stating that the PS3 has a modified GeForce 7900GTX, and the 360 a modified Radeon X1650, they aren't going to get any better. PES 2008 was the limit to which these cards could go in this genre. You cant expect the graphics of PES to come on leaps and bounds every year and look totally different and realistic, it just isn't possible.

Users who are viewing this thread