Pietersen Close to Agreeing IPL Deal

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Read what I write next time! I said it had no character. I didn't say there was no passion involved, you only had to look at the crowds to see the passion that was present. However, any character, was lost amongst all the money thrown into it.
Your wording from the previous sentence suggested that the IPL had no passion, since you said the passion in the English Twenty20 was great but the IPL was different and had no character. Sorry about assuming that.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If KP is ready for IPL, So Ambani's are :D what will be the auction price of him :eek:??

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'd do the same if I were Kevin Pietersen. Just imagine how much money he could have earnt by the time his career ends.

That's not we're moaning about, it's the comments that he made in a press conference eariler this week claiming that the Stanford game wasn't all for money, and he was worried about friends that have been affected by the Credit Crunch. Then, next thing we here he's trying to get himself another bucketload of cash by signing for the IPL. The bloke earns enough money as it is. He's on ?700'000 a year from Adidas, roughly ?300'000 from the ECB for his central contract, if they win next saturday he'll have another ?570'000, then he's got all the other sponsorships that he gets paid for, Red Bull and the like. He doesn't need to sell out and join the IPL, the whole point of the Stanford series was to be this financial boost.

Highlander999

ICC President
Your wording from the previous sentence suggested that the IPL had no passion, since you said the passion in the English Twenty20 was great but the IPL was different and had no character. Sorry about assuming that.

Probably could have made it clearer myself. It's all good though :)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
The IPL seems to be swallowing up most of the world's talent, but hopefully, in the 5-10 year period, there will be a weeding out of poor T20 players who may have got to their teams through OD or Test performances and only the elite players remain in the IPL - keep in mind that there is a quota of four players from outside India per IPL playing XI.

On another note, I think KP would fit in well to the Kings XI Punjab.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Bugger what anyone else thinks.

If I was as good as Kevin Pietersen, I'd be wanting to make as much money as I possibly can.

To add to that, his already got a Test average of over 50 after 45 odd matches so if I were him, I'd be happy to retire knowing I finished my career with an average of over 50.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
There are basically three facts that are becoming repetitively obvious:
-The BCCI holds most of the power in cricket.
-Twenty20 is taking over.
-Money always wins.

What more can I say? I'm sick of launching impassioned speeches when it's just that obvious.

Now Cricket Australia wants to invite overseas players for Twenty20 cricket, which is something that until now we've never really done, and it's the reason our domestic system is so strong. It's about the youth, not about the teams. And then, they want to team up with Cricket South Africa and NZ cricket to create a franchised competition for the southern hemisphere.

Why don't we just cancel international cricket now and create a worldwide franchise competition like John Buchanan said?

And there I go again, getting sucked in when it doesn't matter. It's inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread