Pitch Deterioration

It would be great to get a dusty pitch that spun heaps and some green top decks that really make you earn your runs. If you were playing on a green pitch the sides bowlers all be seam as would be the case in real life. I also agree with the rest of you where if a ball pitched in a foot mark you would get variable bounce. It would make the game so real life it would be like you were really there

Also have the pitches play as they would if it were real example being the scg is a spin friendly pitch where as Adelaide is a batsmen dream

Also have the pitches play as they would if it were real example being the scg is a spin friendly pitch where as Adelaide is a batsmen dream

The problem with this is that the game does not feature licensed stadiums. Only Bradman Oval and Sydney Cricket Ground are licensed, so I don't think the pitch will be based on real ground data for any certain stadium. However, what they can do, is they should give more options to customize the pitch, because right now, I don't think that the options are enough. The option to build a slow track or a fast one is missing. The option to change the outfield speed is also missing. So I think it would be better if we could have more options there.

The problem with this is that the game does not feature licensed stadiums. Only Bradman Oval and Sydney Cricket Ground are licensed, so I don't think the pitch will be based on real ground data for any certain stadium. However, what they can do, is they should give more options to customize the pitch, because right now, I don't think that the options are enough. The option to build a slow track or a fast one is missing. The option to change the outfield speed is also missing. So I think it would be better if we could have more options there.
You can select the type of pitch, wear out [fast or slow], boundary size as far as I know...

You can select the type of pitch, wear out [fast or slow], boundary size as far as I know...
cricket14_2014_10_16_23_35_55_36.jpg

I'm afraid I don't see those here

PS: Boundary size can be changed that I know. But options for a slow or fast wicket aren't there I think. And outfield speed is definitely missing.

I know that its a graphical thing: but ball degradation only seems to change when you simulate. I've bowled a full 80 overs in a oner and had a ball that looked like new at the end of it, while I've simulated fifty overs before bowling in an identical game and had a roughed up ball

cricket14_2014_10_16_23_35_55_36.jpg

I'm afraid I don't see those here

PS: Boundary size can be changed that I know. But options for a slow or fast wicket aren't there I think. And outfield speed is definitely missing.
I think he means how fast or slow the pitch would wear down, not how fast or slow the ball would play. That would be the quick pitch wear option.

I think he means how fast or slow the pitch would wear down, not how fast or slow the ball would play, post: 2878839, member: 107669"]I think he means how fast or slow the pitch would wear down, not how fast or slow the ball would play. That would be the quick pitch wear option.
No, actually that is what I mean. I find that whether you have a dry or grassy wicket, a pristine or wearing wicket, the ball seems to travel at its usual pace. Maybe it's just my mind, but I think this thing lacks in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread