Pitches on the new sim

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just wanted to find out if we could have what i suggested in the chat thread implemented into the new sim:

I would like to see a bit more depth in the pitch choice. Instead of excellent, normal and poor I think a 1-10 rating system for different properties. So for example the properties could be bounce, turn, pace and wear. A bit like what they have on ICC, but obviously a bit more in-depth than that.

Then we could have set pitch type's for the cricsim teams that could be edited by the teams as the season goes on to suit who they play and the side they put out.

I think that this would definitely make the PC League a lot more realistic and unpredictable.

Hoping for some feedback from you guys who know all the complicated stuff :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That's part of strategy. Most teams don't have 5 spinners anyway. Makes the home team really get an advantage like in real life, and will make away wins special.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Wouldn't teams just pick 10 for bounce, turn, and wear, and pick 0 for pace, and just play 5 spinners? :spy
The sim engine will be intelligent enough that picking a 10 on any level won't make it a walkover.

Besides, pitches will not be chosen based on how good they are for spinners and pace bowlers and such factors. As I see it now, there will be 3-4 factors:

- Speed
- Grip
- Bounce
- Rate of deterioration

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't mean to but in or anything but I was wondering if I am allowed to know what simulator you guys are using.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Bummer, my computer won't allow it. It screws up everytime. Do you use any other simulators?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There are others like 'Internet Test Cricket' and such but they cost. Syedur Rehman is the only free sim that can be used, it doesn't work on Vista though...

Isura

Club Cricketer
pace/bounce - high number helps fast bowlers, but ball comes on to the bat well. low numbers are slow and low tracks like most in subcontinent

grass - effects seam movement.

turn/grip - high numbers for spin bowlers.

variation/unpredictability - Pitches should usually start out with low variation, but this variable is adjusted during the match. bounce, grass, and turn also vary in the match, but not as much as the variation. this is the introduction of cracks, variable bounce, foot marks etc. pitches that hold together well will not be as effected by this variable.

deterioration rate - mostly effects unpredictability.

This is how real cricket pitches behave. I'd love to see all these factors used in a sim.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
This would be good and we could also bring in something that restricts the amount of change during the season on pitches. So teams could be forced to nominate their pitch pre-season and only one change of 2 points or something would be allowed per week.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
There are others like 'Internet Test Cricket' and such but they cost. Syedur Rehman is the only free sim that can be used, it doesn't work on Vista though...
It DOES work on mine, without any problems. I have Vista ultimate. I can assure you it works.

The conclusion I'm getting is that there must be some sort of an emulator for older environments built in for Ultimate, while being absent for other versions of windows, hence it works on mine and not on yours.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It DOES work on mine, without any problems. I have Vista ultimate. I can assure you it works.

The conclusion I'm getting is that there must be some sort of an emulator for older environments built in for Ultimate, while being absent for other versions of windows, hence it works on mine and not on yours.
I think if you have Vista Home Premium or Home Basic it probably won't work. I haven't tried running it yet (I have Business).

Users who are viewing this thread