Story PlanetCricket and the 2011 WC ; Brendon Hedger is our captain

Captain for PlanetCricket's tour to Australia. Vote now!

• Tom Baker (Highlander999)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Varun Rustagi (varun_rustagi)

• Alaukik (sachin_rocks)

• Gorro Anvekar (Gorro_124)

• Riz Khan (riz7khan12)

• Randy Wilson (westindies2007)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
could you put batting positions in the player list as well as bowling type. We will play South Africa as well. Ill post my lineup once you do that.

could you put batting positions in the player list as well as bowling type. We will play South Africa as well. Ill post my lineup once you do that.
No problems.

Bounce added 8 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Done.
BP is Batting Position and have just written what they specified in the applications.

Also, take note the players in the category "Batsmen" won't really bowl or might just bowl as part timers, depends on the game. :)

Bounce added 13 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Much more simplified list of classification amongst the players updated in the index. :)

1. Brendon Hedger (c)
2. Alaukik
3. Viral Shah
4. Meet J^
5. Callum Gray^
6. Brendon F
7. Riz Khan (wk)
8. Prithviraj^
9. Amar Varma^
10. Parth Kadakia^
11. Rick Adams^

Sorry for those not selected. You will get your chance in the next match, provided I'm still captain then. :)

Last edited:
99952878.png

2.jpg

South Africa vs PlanetCricket, Johannesburg
Article by Bounce

It was the second trial match for Team PlanetCricket and this time, it was a new venue, new opponents and a new captain. Brendon Hedger led Team PlanetCricket against South Africa at Johannesburg.

Hedger.jpg

Brendon Hedger, the captain for the trial match against South Africa

The Playing XI:

1. Brendon Hedger (c)
2. Alaukik
3. Viral Shah
4. Meet J
5. Callum Gray
6. Brendon F
7. Riz Khan (wk)
8. Prithviraj
9. Amar Varma
10. Parth Kadakia
11. Rick Adams

Brendon Hedger won the toss and elected to bat first. It was a wise decision and it Team PlanetCricket had the opportunity to capitalize.

Toss.jpg

Brendon Hedger elects to bat first

The PlanetCricket openers Brendon Hedger and Viral Shah came out in the middle. It wasn't a good start for Team PlanetCricket as wickets fell too quickly. The first wicket was down at the score of just 9, followed by 22, 27, 30 and 42 which meant that the batting had collapsed and the score at one stage was 42 for 5.

Then, it was a small partnership between F Brendon Riz Khan. This partnership of 25 odd runs proved to be the second largest partnership of the inning.

The batsmen had performed terribly but then came in the tail enders and provided some resistance. Prithviraj scored 20 and Amar Varma remained not out for a well made 36.

At the end, Team PlanetCricket got all out for just 144.
A lot was expected from guys like Callum Gray, Alaukik and Meet J, but nobody could step up to take the responsibility.

PCBatting.jpg

SABowling.jpg

Then it was the chance of the Proteans to come and chase a relatively easy target of 145. Rick Adams, the fastest bowler in Team PlanetCricket was given the new ball

Adams.jpg

Rick Adams looks furious and seems as if he is all set to rattle the South African batting line up

Rick Adams failed and couldn't do much with the ball. However, Amar Varma and Parth Kadakia managed to take a wicket each and Prithviraj managed to pick up.

So at the end, South Africa won the match pretty easily chasing down the target in just the 35th over.

SABatting.jpg

PCBowling.jpg

Overall, the bowling effort was pretty descent but that batting let us down. Lets hope Team PlanetCricket bounces back in the next game, probably against Australia.

Summary.jpg

Stars of the Day for Team PlanetCricket:

Prithviraj.jpg

Prithviraj
Varma.jpg

Amar Varma​

PCInnings-1.png

SAInnings-1.png

3.jpg

23444706.png

Wow! Excellent presentation. Really slow batting and were on trouble with the loss of first five wickets.

Brendon Hedger after the match at the presentation ceremony. :D

hornswiggle-crying.jpg

:p

WTF were all our batters doing. I didn't perform well myself but I guess that could change with the wicket keeping gloves on.

I didn't perform well myself but I guess that could change with the wicket keeping gloves on.

thats why i'm a wicketkeeper batsman, i would'nt call it a disgrace as we did pick up 5 wickets but we needed a someone to make a big score but we ended up with the biggest score being 36 :noway

Its surprising that Tom doesn't have even one vote. I thought he was the most famous guy here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread