Planetcricket Awards 2008 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no I haven't. I really don't care what happens to my prizes. As I said in the awards thread, I'm not having a go at PC, it's just I don't need any of those prizes.

I say that because Kev, Tassie and Tom have passed up their prizes, that you give them to people who came 2nd in more than 1 category. For example Cricketman. He was desperately unlucky not to win Best YOung Member, and I think he deserves something.

Or just give them to me....

Crickey - I won!

I can't believe I missed it - been away from the forum for awhile with many other busy things going on! Cheers for all who voted for my article - I really am overwhelmed...

I missed out on voting this year.Congratulations to all the winners.

In can vividly remember being nominated for some category in the first edition of these awards ? Can anyone verify that ?

It has been more than 4 years since I joined the forums and I never thought I could post as much as I have done.Hopefully each one of those posts was sensible.

Can`t help but feel that something is missing in PC these days, some of our more thoughtful post contributors are not all that active these days. Andrew,Colin,Ste ??
I feel it was more fun when I had just joined.

I think ye are refering to the "Golden Days" It has been said so many times. That is my only regret about, PC. That I joined a few months after the "Golden Days" ended.

Forum has actually improved quite a bit from a few months ago. We had a really problem with these really young spammers from India who typed in txt talk constantly, made one word posts and really lowered the quality of the forum.

Luckily the majority of them have either improved, left or been banned.

Andrew has left, but Colin is still active(ish) and Ste has just come back after living like a hermit for a year or so :p Things are improving and older members like yourself are really welcome back, so, "Welcome back!" ;)

I agree some spammers from India and Pakistan've really lowered Planet Cricket's quality

:rolleyes:

Come on! The forum isn't that bad. Yeah the C07 downloads forum can be annoying but just take the downloads, post "nice stuff" and go lol. The rest of the forum bar NETG board is good. It's up to the members as well to post good stuff.

This seems like a good idea, does anyone know when the next one is because i want to try and win the newmember award,:p These awards are a very good idea as it can help boost member confidence and turn them into better members.

Anyway i agree with DR.P, the forum is only bad in the C07 forum.

Forum has actually improved quite a bit from a few months ago. We had a really problem with these really young spammers from India who typed in txt talk constantly, made one word posts and really lowered the quality of the forum.

I agree some spammers from India and Pakistan've really lowered Planet Cricket's quality

So sick and tired of reading these sweeping generalizations about Indians apparently ruining forum environment even though such statements probably damage it much more than any amount of text speak. Lets put a lid on it as the next time it'll be an infraction.

This seems like a good idea, does anyone know when the next one is because i want to try and win the newmember award,:p These awards are a very good idea as it can help boost member confidence and turn them into better members.

Around next summer

Highlander999 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

So sick and tired of reading these sweeping generalizations about Indians apparently ruining forum environment even though such statements probably damage it much more than any amount of text speak. Lets put a lid on it as the next time it'll be an infraction.

Oh damn, yeah I forogt. It is now racism to mention an Indian member doing a bad thing :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I mention anything about racism?

Hmm....let me see. Oh yeah this PM from the admins:

Dear Highlander999,

You have received a warning at PlanetCricket Forums.

Reason:
-------
General Warning

Please watch your posts. As far as we're concerned that's borderline racism.
-------

Original Post:
Punk's Gameplay Patch.v1 - Need Feedback! - Page 2 - PlanetCricket Forums

HA, Punk, my boy, was nearly burned by one of these Indian noobs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread