PlanetCricket Basketball Association Discussion Thread

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cheers, though I'll be happy if it gets even half as big as the Football League!

nightprowler10 added 25 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Well I can hardly wait, so I'm going to post a signup thread soonish. :p

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Signed up :D. I'd like to help aswell if you need me. Don't give it Jaz, he hogs everything :p.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Signed up :D. I'd like to help aswell if you need me. Don't give it Jaz, he hogs everything :p.

I'll certainly need more and more help as we get more people and I'll keep you in mind. I'm not 100% sure on how I'll be managing everything quite yet. Thank you for your offer. :)

Spinksy

School Cricketer
I am very interested in this as it looks to be alot of fun. I have now registered but hopefully it is good and I filled it out properly. Tell me if it isn't. ;)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
:happy

Finally NBA has come to PC.

:p

On serious note I love the idea. We can easily use NBA Live series for simulation as it allows to control of a team for 20 years. The PC members can be edited in that with young players getting less weightage for skills.

But the biggest problem will be player retention as after the contract is over it depends on computer that the player will accept the contract or leave the franchise.

My another suggestion is that PC members can be managers of individual franchises depending on latest NBA roster. Obviously I will want the Boston Celtics. :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
:happy

Finally NBA has come to PC.

:p

On serious note I love the idea. We can easily use NBA Live series for simulation as it allows to control of a team for 20 years. The PC members can be edited in that with young players getting less weightage for skills.

But the biggest problem will be player retention as after the contract is over it depends on computer that the player will accept the contract or leave the franchise.

My another suggestion is that PC members can be managers of individual franchises depending on latest NBA roster. Obviously I will want the Boston Celtics. :D

That's not how it works in NBA 2k7. As long as you make the player a decent enough offer, he will accept. There is usually an interest meter that'll give you an idea of what to offer him. No players randomly refusing to play for a team after winning 6 championships. Just another thing 2K did better than EA. :p

Having said that, I'm not sure I'll be using the Franchise/Association mode, simply because I would have to have 29 teams in order to do it, which I don't see happening. I would like to do it the way PCCL is being run.

I like the idea presented in your last sentence, only problem I see with that is getting 29 dedicated managers.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Well, I've created all the players from the first page of the signups, I'll do the rest tomorrow. Have had decent number of people sign up thus far, so its a fair bit of work for me. Most people have gotten pretty close to what they wanted with a couple of exceptions. As promised, everyone is rated the same, but all have different strengths and weaknesses which will make the game interesting.

P.S: I still need Sohum to pick a different number, at the moment I have him as #0 and Simon as #00. :p

nightprowler10

Executive member
Alright, I have now created all of the players that signed up as of yet and it seems we have enough to make a team. I'm thinking about making a PC team and play a short season against the NBA teams, just until we get enough signups to play a PCCL type tournament. I actually did make a trial team and took it through a quick 29 game season. We ended the season 12-17. :p I'm now certain I'll be raising the minimum rating from 80 to 85, as having a bunch of 80 rated players actually only gave us a team rating of 66, which is quite mediocre.

Just for fun, I did take a look at the awards, and seems myself, Sohum and Rawlings made the all-star team, with Rawlings a contender for defensive player award. :D

Anyway, back to the serious stuff, I'll give this some thought and post here sometime tomorrow as to which direction we should be taking.

Any feedback on any of this is more than welcome.

P.S: I will also be posting the players' profiles with a short description of their skills.

P.P.S: I have changed Sohum's jersey number to 41, but I do need Covvy to pick a different number as 3 was taken in the first post of the signup thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread