Planetcricket Battrick Future Tournaments Plan

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Briggsey and myself have been discussing at great length the future of Planetcricket Battrick tournaments. We agreed on 2 ideas in particular. Please note that this is not finite, this is what we have planned. I decided to release this information earlier than expected as recently people have been questioning what will happen next. This is to clear up the confusion

1. Planetcricket Battrick Rankings - Posted
This would be like the current Test and ODI rankings used by the ICC. This way you could judge yourself against other teams. I have arranged a trial of this and it would provide a basis for ranking teams based on wins in different tournaments in Planetcricket.

2. Planetcricket Battrick Championship
A league format competition. In the plans we have drawn up, we would like 2 divisions of 12, decided by Battrick Rankings, to play each other over a season. This would be more long term than the current tournaments. The structure has not been finalised yet.

As i said, this is not definite, just what we planned. A Twenty20 tournament may come in as an additional tournament if we are able to do so. It is an interesting idea and we will implement it if possible.

Oh and by the way :happy 1000th Post! :happy

Last edited:

FreddieFan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the rating idea. Maybe a ladder format? You can only challenge one of the 2 teams dirctly above you and try to work your way to the top. If you beat a team, you swap positions.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I want player rankings. It would be nice to see Crouch get the recognation he deserves being the finest allrounder here.

FreddieFan

International Coach
ZoraxDoom said:
I want player rankings. It would be nice to see Crouch get the recognation he deserves being the finest allrounder here.

Maybe, but Fieldwick isn't too far behind him :p

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Crouch is nowhere near the best allrounder here. Have you seen Derek Hoult? Prof. batsman, respectable bowler.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hoult who?
Tell me, what were his recent performances? Crouch has been amongst the runs and has taken wickets consistantly. His skills may not be high, but his performances speak for themself.
BTW, Crouch isn't much worse than Hoult. One skill lower in each primary, but I bet he has much higher secondaries and stamina. Makes him perfrom as well as Hoult, if not better. Also a very good fielder, and a decent skipper if needed...

Briggsey

International Coach
FreddieFan said:
I like the rating idea. Maybe a ladder format? You can only challenge one of the 2 teams dirctly above you and try to work your way to the top. If you beat a team, you swap positions.
I dont think it will be like that directly, more like how well you do against teams in your league, of course the strength of the teams you play against would have a factor on rating points you get, but we think it gives a fair judgement on how you rank amongst the players on Plancetcricket.

As far as the league format goes, it has always been a plan to start a PC League format up, it makes life easier when you have someone like Spin helping to run it. As it has been said, the leagues will contain 12 teams, however, if we fail to get 24 teams (taking into account that quite a few players came straight from Battrick and signed up here only for the tournament) then a marker will be set at how many teams would be sufficent enough for 1 league. The leagues will be based on your ratings in the PC rankings, but we will try to keep them as equal as possible. There will be promotion and relegation but of course as the time comes nearer, more information will be released about the league format and signing up for it.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Getting offtopic here but: Hould has competant stamina and mediocre secondaries. Crouch plays better because your league is much much poorer than mine.

Briggsey

International Coach
Adarsh said:
Crouch is nowhere near the best allrounder here. Have you seen Derek Hoult? Prof. batsman, respectable bowler.
He looks a good player but his stats are poor, good prospect at 18.

Kenny Forbes is one of the best all rounders on here, 42 wickets in 12 games and a batting average of 143 from 8 innings, not taking into account friendly games where he has taken more wickets and scored more runs this year! Just a shame he's 24, but still does a brilliant job!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Adarsh said:
Getting offtopic here but: Hould has competant stamina and mediocre secondaries. Crouch plays better because your league is much much poorer than mine.
Crouch has Respectable Stamina (Which is close to popping to Proficient), Mediocre Conc. and Respectable Cons. Also has Competent fielding. And he hasn't popped in a while, which means he is mid way in most of his skills.
He may play against poorer league teams, but 99* and 3/72 against you isn't too bad either, now is it?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
maybe therankingca can work by if you beat a team 6 places above you you get 10 points (double how many places above you) as for teams below you im not too sure but its only an idea and not well though out

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Firstly, can we please cut the spam. This isnt for whose player is best

Secondly ste, currently we are working on different points for different wins (eg League win = 6pts, shield win = 4pts)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
but shouldnt beating the team ranked first get you more points than beating bottom?

Users who are viewing this thread