FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
I envision that I will only be in the PC for three rounds max so I won't hold it up too long :)

Same here. I'll be lucky to get past 2nd round. Got a easy match in the first round. I should win unless i do an Iridium ;)

Ok, Div 1 stats have been done and been posted. Darren Cawse gets the Player of the Tournament award topping the wicket charts and a solid batting record. Kenneth Wood gets the U19 best player award because despite only playing 3 matches, took a 5fer and looked pretty solid apart from that.

Now for the All-Star series.

What I was thinking was having a 3 match series, having a 15 man squad for each division, and then having the winners from each division (Chewie and jdeus) selecting the Starting XI for each match.

Regarding squad selection, I am thinking of choosing 6 batsman, 2 keepers, 3 all-rounders and 4 bowlers, consisting of 3 or 4 U19 players, of which 2 must play in the starting XI. That way the starting XI will normally consist of 5 batsman, 1 keeper, 2 all-rounders and 3 bowlers leaving 1 batsman, 1 keeper, 1 all-rounder and 1 bowler left over for rotation or other starting XI makeups. For all-rounders, there will probably be 2 pace, 1 spin all-rounder and for bowlers, 2 pace and 2 spin I think. I know 2 pace bowlers is a bit short but I may make it 16 man squads to take an extra pace bowler.

I was wondering if AOTF and Aussie Team would be interested in this, for a Division 3 to be put on?

Yea I know but he does have a team so he might want to join

Division 1:

Chewie CC
New York Yankees
Indian Warriors
Iridium XI
Agrid South Africa
Baggy Blues

Division 2:

Tom Jones Enthusiasts
Blitzkreig Boyz
Zorax CC
Saurashtra Lions
Hedger's Team
Liverpool Lightnings

Other Teams:

Reggae Boyz
Winners or losers
Smurf Village CC? (Papa Smurf)
The Alliance? (bcvstheworld)

If both Papa Smurf and bcvstheworld confirm their interested in playing, then I can start a Division 3 with 4 teams

From this post, I thought AT and AOTF replacing PS and bcvs would do nicely to run Division 3.

Ah yeah, if the two other teams were still interested, then that would work. So AOTF, AT, extremeslogger and Matt would make up a Div 3.

I just realised that I'm going to get smashed in Div 2 still probably :p

Also, the new rule is that you only have to play one youth, rather than 2.

I still haven't started on Div 2 stats but I'll make sure I have that done by the end of this week or early next week :p

Users who are viewing this thread