Not open for further replies.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I never said I'd be adding a mod.

rabeta

News Team Member
Oh right, but what mod is active in that part of the forum?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
skateboarder said:
It's not that simple being in the News Team, you have to go through a ridiculous approval system before you can get your article published. A graphics design team wouldn't need this sort of thing.
I'm sure the purpose of creating the team was to establish some order. For example, before the News Team, I could easily post articles I wrote in the Cricket News and/or Cricket Chat forums as a new thread, or perhaps linked to my website. It's not like that was impossible before.

I don't really care about this debate, but there seems to be a complete lack of respect for what GFX people do. What makes writing oh-so-more special than making graphics? Stickiness to the past? Probably.

So my point is, ruling out a GFX team on this term is incorrect, in my opinion. Other reasons that have been posted here are more logical, for example, signatures not being the main focus of this forum. In a hypothetical situation where a GFX team was set up, I'm sure with a proper hierarchy in place, the same "ridiculous approval system" could also be worked in before you could make graphics available for download.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
I don't really care about this debate, but there seems to be a complete lack of respect for what GFX people do. What makes writing oh-so-more special than making graphics? Stickiness to the past? Probably.
Its not a lack of respect, its about what it brings to the forum. I can't honestly think of one single way a graphics team would benefit the forum.

rabeta

News Team Member
Kev said:
Its not a lack of respect, its about what it brings to the forum. I can't honestly think of one single way a graphics team would benefit the forum.

That's not a tough one, graphically?

Also, I believe some of the staff have shown a lack of respect, saying that it all "easy".

Bilal91

International Coach
GO sohummisra, GO sohummisra...ahemmm...yeah...i would just like to add to what other people have said (well some of them)...none and i mean NONE of the current GFX forum mods are active in that sub-forum...i don't think i even remember one of them posting there...we need at least 1 new mod whos fairly active around that part of the forum and who can manage that part better than the current ones...you know sticky/unsticky things etc...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Kev said:
Fair enough, although I believe that is a topic for another debate. My biggest concern is ruling out a GFX team because one claims that more work cannot go on behind the scenes . . .

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Very good, but you'll have to be a lot more specific.

To be honest just adding graphics to the site does very little except annoy members with slower connections.

D

Deleted member 11215

rabeta said:
That's not a tough one, graphically?

Also, I believe some of the staff have shown a lack of respect, saying that it all "easy".
referring to me there? 1. Im not staff. 2. i could make a sig against this in a couple of minutes. it is easy stuff, probably easier than making faces from c2k7. anyway this website is primarily a cricket gaming site hence the patch team. also it is a cricket website hence the cricket news. otherwise they may aswell call it 'Planet Cricket With Graphics aswell'

rabeta

News Team Member
duded64 said:
referring to me there? 1. Im not staff. 2. i could make a sig against this in a couple of minutes. it is easy stuff, probably easier than making faces from c2k7. anyway this website is primarily a cricket gaming site hence the patch team. also it is a cricket website hence the cricket news. otherwise they may aswell call it 'Planet Cricket With Graphics aswell'

hence cricket graphics mate, and I was not referring to you, why do you want to start and argument?

Bilal91

International Coach
yeah as duded said...'also it is a cricket website' hence the CRICKET graphics...makes sense now dunnit...

anyways if it is a no for the GFX team than atleast appoint an active MOD in that part of the forum...

D

Deleted member 11215

By no means am i trying to start a fight. I thought you were addressing me there. I still think that my point there is valid. There are some sites dedicated to graphics so it makes sense for them to have a Graphics team. But this site is dedicated to cricket gaming so it makes less sense. I agree that perhaps it needs to be moderated more often, however ive made this mistake before and maybe just pming one of the mods would improve this. No argument intented there.

rabeta

News Team Member
Sorry, again the GFX makers seem to be excluded from this site and told to bu**** off somewhere else...

D

Deleted member 11215

nope, you are definatly valued.i must admit im not a fan of the news team really... but i dont see the point of a team for something that is only a sub forum atm.

rabeta

News Team Member
do you not agree there should be an active mod though? Surely, this is just a small ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread