Planetcricket.net Official Review

markh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cowburn199 said:
Has a cricket game ever officially been patched by the original makers? I don't remember it happening. It's a shame because I can't see it happening to this either :(
Especially since a) Codemasters have a history of not patching and b) if I remember right they can't patch the PC version without patching the 360 one too, which involves a whole lot of certification/etc/costs. Unless the current 360 issues force a patch release, we're probably out of luck. Hope we're wrong.

Huegel

School Cricketer
Thank you for the review. I thought it was fair and thorough! Can I ask a quick question about the commentary in the game, which I thought was excellent in BLIC05, is it the same/better or worse in 07?

Thanks again.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Cowburn199 said:
Has a cricket game ever officially been patched by the original makers? I don't remember it happening. It's a shame because I can't see it happening to this either :(

EA Cricket2002. The patch didn't do anything though...

Huegel said:
Can I ask a quick question about the commentary in the game, which I thought was excellent in BLIC05, is it the same/better or worse in 07?

Same old to be honest. Now there are player comments too though.

Gunner04

Club Cricketer
Cowburn199 said:

BLC 99 was patched. There was a patch which fixed wides, fielding restrictions and some other stuff. There was also another patch which added a player editor.

I won't be holding my breath for them to patch this.

markh said:
Especially since a) Codemasters have a history of not patching and b) if I remember right they can't patch the PC version without patching the 360 one too, which involves a whole lot of certification/etc/costs. Unless the current 360 issues force a patch release, we're probably out of luck. Hope we're wrong.

I can't see why they would HAVE to patch the console version. There's been games which were patched only on PC and not on console. Case in point BLC 99. I'm not sure if they have some obligation with MS to patch buggy games.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
barmyarmy said:
Don't buy it if you want to play test matches. Only bother if you are interested in 10 over slogs.

Sounds perfect for me then :) Hardly ever play Test matches in EA game but love the slog fest.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
aussie1st said:
Sounds perfect for me then :) Hardly ever play Test matches in EA game but love the slog fest.

You'd be hard pushed to enjoy that. I just played New Zealand in a WC group game. They scored 125-5 from 10 overs, I knocked them off 1 down in 7.1 on test difficulty.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Pretty disappointed with the game's overall response. I had hoped that this one doesnt go down the dump but every other review is confirming that. I was so looking forward to this BLIC, but its pretty much the same effort in a new layout. Well we shall wait for that one game that has it all......................... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
ah, this is bad news. I've just ordered a new graphics card (GeForce 6600), but now i don't see myself buying this game.

The scores are ridiculously high, and yea, i play test matches more than anything else. I guess its time to stick to EA cricket 05, or even Cricket 04.

thanks for the review!

kodos

International Coach
Like many others, had high expectations for the game but having second thoughts on buying it or buying STALKER :p I don't like the sound of it being ridiculously easy but I hope a player editor may be made soon. I remember BLIC 05 where the game was ridiculously easy at first but once the players stats were amended it was much more challenging and games actually went down to the wire. I guess this version will only be decent for the onlyine play and to sit down and play against your mates.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Good review, this has really made me think twice about getting it (I will now wait until the price is much lower), the demo showed so much promise, but it sounds like it is a huge disappointment (which is disappointing)

madmattg

International Cricketer
Well, looks like another long wait for me to find the holy grail of cricket games.

Still ill get it to try some online games, but with lag on the poor excuse for Austalian internet that may be short lived as well.

Cheers for the review, it gutted me to read it as we still have a week wait in Oz.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
AI and the the game is easy is the big problem I guess :(. Everyone are saying that. 115 all out and chasing it easily is really stupid. From playing the demo it was not so bad. I guess I will have to play it without six hitting button and 2-3 defensive shot in a over :D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Dissapointing that yet again the multiplayer aspect will be the only gamemode worth playing. Cheers for the review Colin.

Users who are viewing this thread