Planetcricket.net Official Review

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
barmyarmy said:
I haven't played C07 so I can't really answer that but a modded C07 seems to be better than BLIC07.

After some playing with the player editor this can be argued. I'll leave the AI batting out of it, as it's shocking in both games, but after some tweaking of batting abilities, in my opinion, batting is far more enjoyable in BLIC 2007 than a modded C07. It seems no matter what is done with C07, you score far more runs through the leg side than is accurate. With BLIC, not only can you make batting harder, but you can still score all round the wicket.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also, a larger outfield in the BLIC series makes runs scored seem more rewarding.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Human vs human is ok

I bought the game 2 days ago. I returned it to the store yesterday for a refund. The game is just terrible.

I've bought all cricket games in the past and this is by far the worst effort - especially considering we live in the year 2007.

The gameplay sucked. And why are there so many bugs - YET AGAIN. I couldn't care less about the patch Codemasters promise to release. You can't dress up a turd. This game aint worth it.

I've lost almost all hope of there ever being a great cricket game in the future.

Having played with this for several weeks, I have come to the conclusion that even though it is flawed and has many annoying glitches and mistakes, human vs human play is pretty good.

I have improved it, in my opinion, by turing both the bowler's pitch pointer and the batting radar off. This makes it a lot harder to bat.
There is no getting away from the fact that the wicketkeepers are all total wallies, the batsmen run between the wickets like idiots, fielding is pretty damn difficult and it is themed around the CWC, but human vs human, me and my mates are having some pretty good games of cricket.
So try tweaking the graphic options as suggested and see what 'appen'.

Perhaps we need to accept that we will NEVER get a PERFECT game; cricket is far too complex and subtle than that. For every improvement they make, they will mess up something, but this is a decent, playable human vs human game.

Let's see it for what it is.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just got the game and played it... won it as a prize from PC.net forums, so didn't pay for it...

Nevertheless it's decent if you play 20 overs a side game. Not tried test level yet, but County level is decent enough without overwhelming in difficulty. The batting is not really hard, but bowling seems to be the fun part. Scores by the CPU are a bit low though.

Definitely more fun to play than EA Cricket 2007 even with all the glitches. I do wish they had the "worm" and the run-rate graph though in this game. The hawkeye is a good addition, but definitely the lack of a detailed scorecard and analysis takes away from the game. EA Cricket was frustratingly hard at times and batting was a nuisance with lack of decent horizontal bat shots and too much leg side scoring. At least in BLIC scoring can be all around the wicket. You can pull and hook decently as well as cover drive and straight drive, so it does play better in batting.

As far as bowling goes, I think it's more fun to bowl in BLIC than in EA cricket because all pace bowlers don't bowl the same and the pace actually shows up well. The swing and seam aspect is also better than EA Cricket 2007.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Play it a while and come back and say BLIC is better then C07;)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Play it a while and come back and say BLIC is better then C07;)

Maybe my expectation of a computerized Cricket game is different from yours. I've lowered my need for "realism" long before C07 came out. In any case I've had enough of EA Sports to last me a lifetime. I've bought more EA games than I care to remember and besides, I'll never pay money for a Cricket video game again.. Even this game I won as an award from PlanetCricket ;)

They're all bad... at least BLIC is more fun to play than stupid EA Sports Cricket where their poor excuse of an AI has to resort to cheats to be challenging and where the batting system just got worse and worse from 02 to 04 to 05 to 07...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I think this agme is made for twenty20 with Pingusten's patch to make it realistic as well. The graphics of the game are superb and I love bowling and batting, which is something I haven't in a game since cricket2004. Fielding is something that I think needs to be improved as you practically have to press the catch button after every ball bowled incase a catch comes your way. I really like the shot selection and placement. The new options for defensive shots and advancing shots, as well as sweeps. I think that this game is brilliant for twenty20. And although they do not try to hit out even when needing a high run rate, it is still a very enjoyable game.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I'm glad someone likes it

Well I think this agme is made for twenty20 with Pingusten's patch to make it realistic as well. The graphics of the game are superb and I love bowling and batting, which is something I haven't in a game since cricket2004. Fielding is something that I think needs to be improved as you practically have to press the catch button after every ball bowled incase a catch comes your way. I really like the shot selection and placement. The new options for defensive shots and advancing shots, as well as sweeps. I think that this game is brilliant for twenty20. And although they do not try to hit out even when needing a high run rate, it is still a very enjoyable game.

Haven't looked on the forum for some time as I've been too busy playing BLC2007. Still say it's a good game human vs human. Scoring rate too fast, but a lot of fun. . . .

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
I rate BLIC 2007 more than EA cricket games. It is fun to play although not realistic. Multiplayer is nice. Hope they will make much better game next time :upray

Users who are viewing this thread