MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What I have to do with that Business Standard article? I haven't written it originally so go and bang the original writer.
You took the quote and drew a conclusion from it. I question taking a minor comment in an article as the absolute and full truth when no other sources or people have backed that comment up.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
You took the quote and drew a conclusion from it. I question taking a minor comment in an article as the absolute and full truth when no other sources or people have backed that comment up.
It may not be 100% true but there is nothing wrong in quoting a quote from Zapak's COO.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
otherwise remember Socrates' aphorism about better to remain silent and be thought a fool...
It's too late for him :/

I haven't written it originally so go and bang the original writer.
:facepalm Aah, but he was so young.

PC gaming is in the past. Codemasters won't and Zapak can't afford to fork out money to create a new game that a) Isn't going to sell in non-cricketing countries and then some b) Will be pirated heavy. The best you can hope for is a mirror of Ashes 2009 or IC 2010, like they did by turning Ricky Ponting 2007 into Ashes Cricket 2009 on Wii.

Hitterman

International Coach
Then put it in that context when you write about it.
Well if it's true then the credit goes to BS website and if it's wrong then again the claims to go BS website.

What I feel is there are no chances for a cricket game from EA but yes I feel that "there are chances of a browser cricket game from EA" (as said by Mr Peter Moore) . As far about Codies, I do think they have something for the PC fans.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well if it's true then the credit goes to BS website and if it's wrong then again the claims to go BS website.
A quote's a quote. Their article drew the conclusion that cricket games are having a boom in India based on browser games, so the Business Standard have written a perfectly reliable and fine article there. Just remember the level of trust that you place in the words of someone who isn't actually calling the shots at Codemasters.

I mean Sangam's said a few times they are about to release more info on Trine's game, if there's a message in that it is certainly not a good one for trusting CEOs.

But I'll concede that you yourself aren't necessarily wrong, just I really hope users see those articles for what they are and not rush to assuming that's the gospel truth.

wendalboy

School Cricketer
very good review although im slightly bemused that you gave it 80 after a pretty honest review more like 50??

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Great review. The only thing keeping me back from buying it is the lofted shots issue. It seems a deal-breaker if you can win every match hitting lofted shots for boundaries.

Isn't there any workaround by playing on the hardest difficulty and tweaking the batsman ratings?

Also, I don't understand why they wouldn't release a patch to fix the small issues which would make this game far superior. Colin, have they given any reason?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Also, I don't understand why they wouldn't release a patch to fix the small issues which would make this game far superior. Colin, have they given any reason?

Not worth it for them financially. AC09 was more broken out of the box. The IC10 patch will be called IC11.
I for one won't buy it unless they've actually added some depth and features rather than charging again for minor updates.

P

pcfan123

Would you really buy it? I for one am done with cricket games. I'm not paying for such substandard products anymore. The Show 10 was cheaper than IC10, and it was about 100,000 times better, and that is not an exaggeration.

Lee1981

International Coach
right now i would say no, but if and when a new one is released i will probably cave in and buy it even though its bound to be crap, which 2 months down the line will see me putting it on ebay.

P

pcfan123

I used to be like that but I have just accepted that they will all be crap, until there is that one ground breaking revolutionary game (and that won't be a small fix to a previous game)

I can probably safely say that IC11 will not be that game.

vet_m

Club Cricketer
The Game lacks proper basic cricket coding.
the continuous sequence when a ball pitches and a shot is played is made into a cinematic display.
while you play the game you will notice this as a bit of
Arcade game unlike the EA 07 which was a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread