Player Discussion

Holy crap! Hughes is averaging less than 30 in my current ODI series!

Phil Hughes is an absolute gun - averaging 133 in odi and 88 in test

Swann got injured in my England save so I decided to give a test debut to Peter Astwood, a 21 year old leg spinner. He had been the third best spinner in the country in the season (behind Panesar and Swann) and as the match was a dead rubber, I'd see how he'd fare.

After the first innings his stats looked like this:

He took Chanderpaul's wicket with his first delivery, Sarwan with his 10th and Hinds with his 13th.

Unfortunately he wasn't able to get 10 wickets in the match due to Broad and Arif taking three each, but finished with match figures of 60-15-138-9

In the world cup Kane Williamson and Jacob Oram managed to save NZ's bacon by putting on a 150+ partnership and they did it again against Australia where NZ were 45-6 but out came Williamson and Oram and they took NZ to 222 before Oram went out on 83. Franklin and Vettori both went in the next 2 overs and it looked like Australia would only have to chase 230 odd, but a 7 an over 50+ partnership with Bradley Scott saw NZ finish with 295-8 and saw Kane Williamson making his second ODI century. He was unfortunate to fall 2 runs short of 150 but his innings was a match winner.

Guptill has done a good job coming in at 5. He scored a 115 on debut there, and has scored 2 50's as well.

My team:
Sheed
Ryder
Flynn
Taylor
Guptill
Williamson
McCullum +
Vettori
Franklin
Southee/N McCullum
Arnel/O'Brien

Reserves:
Todd
BJ Watling
Butler
Oram
Southee/N McCullum
Arnel/O'Brien
Bond

Last edited:
Here are two of my regens that have come through in my Kent save. Granville had an average over 50 but a few really terrible seasons ruined that.

My current Indian line up looks strong as they have done well so far for me-

Gambhir
Rahane(Test)/Sehwag(ODI)
Yuvraj(having a poor run :( )
Badrinath
Tiwary
Pujara
Dhoni
Jadeja
Harbhajan
Zaheer(will retire soon I guess so need a replacement >.<)
Sreesanth

Tip:

If you're looking for a decent England side, try:

Eoin Morgan C / Paul Horton / Matthew Gitsham / Joshua Cobb / Samit Patel / Stephen Snell K / Jonathon Claire / Adil Rashid / Chris Woakes / Graham Onions.

Works wonders.

I just don't get the hype for Ajinkya Rahane in this game. He will not perform for me. I'm in year 2015, and I've been trying to bleed him into the international level for the last 5-6 seasons as he is consistently among the best domestic performers. But in 21 tests in that time, he averaged around 24 and scored one hundred. I played him in every position from 1 to 6, but nothing doing. EVERY single batter who has played 20 or more tests for me averages more than him, including Piyush Chawla (who also has 2 test centuries to boot). So in the last series of 2015 (at home against Pakistan), I told Rahane that this was his last chance. What does he do? 48 runs in six innings - 6, 9*, 2, 5, 26, and 0. And that was the end of his India career. I won 2-1, btw. :)

For Indian Test Teams, Uday Kaul is a possible replacement for Dhoni if he sucks for you like he does for me. MSD for me averages around 20, whereas Kaul gives you around 35 and is a great annoyer at 7, stitching together valuable match-saving or lead-building partnerships with Chawla and Mishra.

Current Indian Test Line Up: 1 Gautam Gambhir C 2 Cheteshwar Pujara/S Badrinath 3 Manoj Tiwary 4 Virat Kohli 5 Rohit Sharma 6 Prabhjot Singh (regen) 7 Uday Kaul K 8 Piyush Chawla 9 Amit Mishra 10 Munaf Patel 11 Ishant Sharma. Problem is Patel is getting old and I can find no real replacement. Also if Gambhir retires that leaves a hole at the top. But as it is, this team can win a test on Normal against any team on any surface. It's gotten me to Test no. 1.

Current Indian ODI Team: 1 Gautam Gambhir C 2 S Badrinath 3 Suresh Raina 4 Virat Kohli 5 Prabhjot Singh 6 Rohit Sharma 7 Mahendra Dhoni/Uday Kaul/Parthiv Patel K 8 Amit Mishra/Irfan Pathan 9 Piyush Chawla/Pragyan Ojha 10 Munaf Patel/G Singh (regen) 11 Ishant Sharma. This team is really erratic. They're 6th in the world but made it to the last world cup's finals before getting thrashed by 100-odd runs.

Last edited:
Cameron White has 35 wickets at 18 from 6 FC games :/ Including a 12 fer.

Users who are viewing this thread