Player Discussion

OK then..

I'm playing a legit game with Bangladesh.. no edits or anything, up to about 2020. Haven't won much but we are past New Zealand and West Indies in ODI rankings, and ahead of West Indies in Test. Still very hard to find wins though. I have found a nice regen who opens the batting but the majority of the squad is getting old - Iqbal, Al Hasan, Shuvo, Mahmadullah, Rahim...

Rahim only averages around 20 with the bat but can put on a good innings when needed and he takes over 3 catches per Test match so I still have him in the squad. I got flogged by Zimbabwe but I have beat a few teams so I'm still in 9th for both Tests and ODI's. I have 8 points in Tests and 9 in ODI's.

In tests, I have got points from:

Drew IND 1-1 at Home - 1 point
Drew NZ 1-1 at Home - 1 point
Drew PAK 1-1 at Home - 1 point
Beat WI 2-0 at Home - 2 points
Beat ZIM 1-0 at Home - 2 points
Drew SAF 0-0 Away - 1 point

And I have beaten Australia in the first test thanks to Iqbal and Imran's centuries in the first innings and Raqibul Hasan's century in the second innings and Shuvo's 11 wickets.

I only have 1 Regen in my side who scored 281* on Test debut but hasn't made a hundred since. I have learnt to bat out a long time in Tests having 2 defensive batsman in my team in Tushar Imran and Raqibul Hasan (who I didn't use until around 2011) which have got me to survive a fair amount of over's.

My Team for the Second Test vs Australia. This is my normal lineup.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Tushar Imran
3. Shakib Al Hasan (c)
4. Raqibul Hasan
5. Alok Kapali
6. G Malik (Regen)
7. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
8. Sajidul Islam
9. Suhrawadi Shuvo
10. Mashrafe Mortaza
11. Syed Rasel

12th Man: Rajin Saleh (although he hasn't played a Test for over 3 years and only played in 2 ODI's over the last 2 years plus this current year.)

Chris Lingham's Great Career

Maybe the best Batsman ever. Nearly 43,000 FC runs. Nearly 20,000 OD runs. Over 24,000 Test runs and nearly 15,000 ODI runs. One of the greatest players, his career spanning over 28 years. Making his debut in late 2009 and retiring now in 2037 at 47 years of age. An average of over 51 in First Class cricket with 108 centuries and 221 fifties. 27 OD centuries and 131 fifties. 57 Test centuries and 20 ODI centuries. 555 First Class matches, 564 One Day matches, 371 T20's, 304 Tests, 417 ODI's and 93 T20I's. He had a pretty good last year but was nearly forced to go the season without a FC century but scored 192 in his last ever FC innings and match. Captained the Notts to their first Challenge Trophy final win in 5 years and another CC title, to give them the title for over 20 years in a row. A handy off spin bowler, taking 130 FC wickets, 77 of these in Tests and 46 OD wickets, 11 in ODI's. A great fielder as well, taking 625 FC catches, an average of over 1 per match. He will be greatly missed. The greatest player, Nottinghamshire have ever produced and stayed loyal to them playing for the Notts for all 28 years of his career.

Chris_Lingham.jpg

It is very impressive for him to have such a good career and over such a long time period too!

Piyush Chawla has been great for me in both ICC 3 and ICC08. He turns into a bowling all-rounder after a few training sessions and can give you Test centuries from number 8. In my ICC08 save, he averages 28 in 2014 with 3 Test centuries and 23 with the ball. I use him and one of S Anish and Mohnish Parmar (whoever is in better form) and run roughshod over opponents on my made-to-order dustbowls at home. Is he just as good in 09? Also, is Michael Munday a spin god in 09?

Sehwag was having a poor run in test so I chose Pujara as his replacement. Pujara has been gun so far in 4 matches he has scored [email protected], 3 50's and 1 100 and H.S being 138.

Piyush Chawla has been great for me in both ICC 3 and ICC08. He turns into a bowling all-rounder after a few training sessions and can give you Test centuries from number 8. In my ICC08 save, he averages 28 in 2014 with 3 Test centuries and 23 with the ball. I use him and one of S Anish and Mohnish Parmar (whoever is in better form) and run roughshod over opponents on my made-to-order dustbowls at home. Is he just as good in 09? Also, is Michael Munday a spin god in 09?

You should go for my patch in ICC downloads forum "India Mega Patch"

Then you will feel like reality in playing with india

Maybe the best Batsman ever. Nearly 43,000 FC runs. Nearly 20,000 OD runs. Over 24,000 Test runs and nearly 15,000 ODI runs. One of the greatest players, his career spanning over 28 years. Making his debut in late 2009 and retiring now in 2037 at 47 years of age. An average of over 51 in First Class cricket with 108 centuries and 221 fifties. 27 OD centuries and 131 fifties. 57 Test centuries and 20 ODI centuries. 555 First Class matches, 564 One Day matches, 371 T20's, 304 Tests, 417 ODI's and 93 T20I's. He had a pretty good last year but was nearly forced to go the season without a FC century but scored 192 in his last ever FC innings and match. Captained the Notts to their first Challenge Trophy final win in 5 years and another CC title, to give them the title for over 20 years in a row. A handy off spin bowler, taking 130 FC wickets, 77 of these in Tests and 46 OD wickets, 11 in ODI's. A great fielder as well, taking 625 FC catches, an average of over 1 per match. He will be greatly missed. The greatest player, Nottinghamshire have ever produced and stayed loyal to them playing for the Notts for all 28 years of his career.

Chris_Lingham.jpg

How much did you edit him? That's simply not possible.

Not sure Jake, but he probably reduced his age by about 15 years after about 2020 so he could keep playing... now that Hedger has a reputation for editing his players, it's tough to take anything seriously..

Hey, I did not edit his age at all. 2009-2037 is 28 years so he played from 19-47 so I did not edit his age. He only has an average of 40 or so in OD cricket so he is not that great. He started really well. I will find one of the Australian god players that have developed and wait until he is fairly old and then post his stats and you will see that he is a better batsman.

Has anyone got a screenshot of Cameron White when he is near retirement age, just wanna know how well he does with both bat and ball in the future

We were 3 wickets short of winning, but Hughes played this gem of a knock, to go with 158 in the first innings, and a double ton the game before.

hughes58ballton.jpg

Excuse my swear word in the MSN convo.

Scott Newman for Surrey in 2010 just had a godly innings.
he's been really good player for me in the past year, last year he averaged 71 in first class with a highest of 284

Attachments

• cricket.JPG
    cricket.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 17
Weirdest England selection, ever.

My main keeper was injured so I had to pick this guy. Hasn't done anything notable, averages about 10 with the bat. Did have a nice cameo of about 14 off 3 balls in a T20 but that was all. He got called up for England!

Attachments

• wierdwilson.png
    wierdwilson.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread