Player Discussion

LUKE POMMERSBACH!

Just scored a triple hundred in the 2nd test of the 2013 Ashes! Absolute gun! Should of picked him earlier... What was I thinking?

Might start a new Australian save after this series back from 2009. I'll be unstoppable. If your Australia and need a good line up choose this:

Hughes
Katich/Regen
Ponting
Clarke
Pommersbach
Watson
White
Haddin
Johnson
Butterworth
Siddle

Ponting should be thinking about calling it a day by now, no?

No and no.

Still going strong at uhh, 37,38.

And no, Pommers is a middle order mastro.

Getting frustrated with my Bangladesh team. We are picking up woeful regens each season whilst our good players have all retired.

We are 8th in tests and 7th in ODIs but we are lucky to hold on.. the likes of Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka dominate us every series.

Shakib Al Hasan is still holding on, as our best Test bowler and one of our best batsmen at #3, but our bowling lineup is not so flash and out of our batsmen we struggle in test matches - Tamim Iqbal and Raqibul Hasan seem to be the only ones who continue to hit runs.

Derek Arif is 25 now and still progressing as one of my regens.. he has a ODI average of 46 after 26 ODIs which is outstanding with just 4 NOs, but his Test average is only around 28 so I'm not sure what to do with him in the test side..

We are ahead of the Windies, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in ODIs but it's going to be tough to take the next step up.

Bangladesh are too annoying, I couldn't do it with such a shite team.

Wrong thread sorta..

punter.jpg

Ricky Ponting is still kicking at age 38, just finished the 2013 Ashes series in England. Wonder if he can make till then in r/l. Very good record and is easily the best batsman of all-time. What a legend.

Nope, I've been using him since I first got the game. He debuted in the 09 Ashes for me.

Fair enough, how many test wickets has he got to date for you?

Ever tried him in ODIs? I have.. Bad Idea.

As of this very moment:

butterworthstats.jpg

He's actually decent in ODI's for me, not spectacular but I'm not dropping him anytime soon.

As of this very moment:

butterworthstats.jpg

He's actually decent in ODI's for me, not spectacular but I'm not dropping him anytime soon.

Where'd you bat him? I bay him somewhere between 6-9 but usually 8. He's a decent replacement for James Hopes.

Not bad. My Butterworth is going better in tests but better for you in ODIs easily...

Butterworth averages 22 in ODIs for me. But yeah he`s better in tests but he`s reasonably good in ODIs for me.

I bat him at 8 in both forms. He's doing better for me than Johnson did at least XD

Users who are viewing this thread