Player Discussion

yeswag.png

rahanewag.png

Rahane !!!

Yes :p Still, What a gun guy! Rahane- 2788 runs@ 79.66(19 matches, 36 Innings ).

Simon Katich is just ridiculous for me, here's a screenshot after his 100th test. He's averaging 148 this summer & he averaged 179 last summer - not bad for a 38 year old.

kattoz.jpg

Also note the career-best bowling figures! Hauritz & Clarke were injured for my NZ tour, had no upcoming spinners, let Kato roll the arm over against and he snags 8/47!

Last edited:
Jonathan Trott as a bowler

Have you used this guy as a bowler? After 6 one-dayers in my Warwickshire save (ICC09, 09 season), he's our highest wicket-taker, 8 at an average of 19.

Paul Collingwood might have to be looking over his shoulder. Could Trott become England's go-to guy for medium pace trundling?:D

Trott's record isn't actually that bad as a bowler, especially in OD matches.

Posting my ICC 2005 ashes edition save. Back from the days when I did not cheat.:p

Attachments

• Glove, Gloucs-eng.rar
    744.2 KB · Views: 12
I am now in my 2039 season as Surrey and for the first time, 5 of my Key players have been selected for International duty. I have a squad of 18, which means until they they return back I am left with 13 players ( 5 batsmen + 1wk + 7 bowlers )

Now I have a doubt here .....Suppose, out of the 13 players left, lets say, 3 of my players get injured...TOUCHWOOD :p....then what will happen? I mean, how will my game continue...... :eek:

int.jpg

Last edited:
I am now in my 2039 season as Surrey and for the first time, 5 of my Key players have been selected for International duty. I have a squad of 18, which means until they they return back I am left with 13 players ( 5 batsmen + 1wk + 7 bowlers )

Now I have a doubt here .....Suppose, out of the 13 players left, lets say, 3 of my players get injured...TOUCHWOOD :p....then what will happen? I mean, how will my game continue...... :eek:

int.jpg

It is something that you need to hope fervently doesn't happen. I don't think even the latest version of the game could handle less than 11 players from the squad being available to play. No help to you of course, but I think they might be fixing it for 2011.

In ICC09, playing as Essex, I simultaneously lost 3 players to England and one to the Netherlands in my first season. It's a shame that it's never happened to you before, because then you'd have known to keep a bigger squad.

I would advise keeping copies of your game save at all times, and going back to them if the worst-case injury scenario happens. Technically cheating, but surely well justified if the alternative is losing a 33-year save. Good luck

I only ever use 18 man squads after the first season, it allows you to concentrate your money on less better players. I hate it how in the first season you have all that trash, who I pretty much clean out, and you can't really afford more than 18 players who're worth playing.

I assume they'll just promote some youth team/2nd team players to make sure you have 11.

In ICC09, playing as Essex, I simultaneously lost 3 players to England and one to the Netherlands in my first season. It's a shame that it's never happened to you before, because then you'd have known to keep a bigger squad.

I've now got two players out injured in addition to the above. Fortunately it's my first year in the save and I've got a huge squad. Nevertheless, it means I'm picking some pretty iffy characters (I've had to promote Mark Hardinges - who this year irl played for the Unicorns - to the post of T20 skipper). Hopefully they'll repay my desperation...er, I mean, my faith in them.:rolleyes

Asad Shafiq did well for me when I skipped games as Pakistan, he blitzed the world 20/20 with no training and no international experience, but then again, this game always did seem to favour players with good first class stats over players with good international records, just look at how the AI used to select teams.
Now, time to "get serious", yes, get serious about skipping matches and picking players I know the AI will favour in skipped games...

Users who are viewing this thread