Player Discussion

Here's his second team stats. Except for his batting & bowling avg...nothing else is realistic :rolleyes..... 10142 runs & 1584 wkts in 23 matches....:lol

It would take a minimum of 359 games (with 2 innings a game and no not outs) to score those runs at that average:lol. Then again, he's a bowler, isn't he? If he was in my squad, I would probably have picked him a couple of times when in form. Of course that might just be something pathological about me - I'm not claiming my selections always pay off. :p

23 matches, all in seconds, in a career - and getting paid for it the whole time? Chairman's nephew/son-in-law perhaps?

In that view, the matches often realign into two digits. It means he has played something-hundred-and-23 matches, probably 423?

But if you monitor his matches, you will see it tick around to 99, then back down to 00, 01, 02, etc.

In ICC2006, the second team matches number doesn't change. Or at least not for mine.

When I went into my 2049 season, the first thing I did was go to the Worcs team to see whether good ol' Henley is there :p Yes, He's still there :thumbs The Worcs club have given him another 3 year contract :rolleyes for 21500.

Hope they are kind enough to give him a debut in the next 3 seasons atleast :D

When I went into my 2049 season, the first thing I did was go to the Worcs team to see whether good ol' Henley is there :p Yes, He's still there :thumbs The Worcs club have given him another 3 year contract :rolleyes for 21500.

Hope they are kind enough to give him a debut in the next 3 seasons atleast :D
Nah: Debuts on his 40th birthday. Takes 5-14 in a dead rubber Challenge Trophy game, then within the year he is starring for England as they win the 2055 World Cup! :D

David D Masters

David Masters is having a really poor 2011 for me in my Essex save. I wondered if perhaps he was coming to the end of his productive life. Then I checked on his real-life performance, and find that 2011 was possibly the best season of his career. Just my luck!

Such things happen only in games....:rolleyes

In my 2048 season, Middlesex had drafted in a youth spinner - Barry Flynn, who in his very first season got a 100+ wkts and was also instrumental in his team getting promoted. Also he got an England call-up.

When I went into my 2049 season's transfers, Flynn was there :D asking for a whooping amount of 1,07000 :eek: Nobody took him & his career ended :lol :lol :lol

How about this allrounder? I rate him so much, I changed his name to mine. Lots of pressure...

Also this young batsman looks the goods, this wicketkeeper is reasonable and this pace bowler seems reasonable as well.

Any comments on them?

Excuse the quality, my printscreen button isn't working so am using my iPad...

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    756.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    710.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    723.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    760.1 KB · Views: 16
That bowler Jim Norris....He's going at an economy of 3.96 in OD's but how come he's getting blasted around for 9 an over in T20's.....Make him come around to 6 an over in T20's and you will have a good bowler on your hands...though his wkt taking abilities has to improve to a certain extent....

All look good, Norris will become a fine T20 bowler I am sure.

Interesting to look over your allrounder - who looks a supreme batsman. It would be intriguing to hear how the allrounder progresses as I do not think I have seen a perfectly balanced allrounder in ICC2011 who is both a high quality batsman and bowler.

btw quality is fine :yes

Here are a couple of my best that I have had since they were young'uns.

Attachments

• macleoud.JPG
    macleoud.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 36
  • winwood.JPG
    winwood.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 32
Here are a couple of my best that I have had since they were young'uns.

Winwood is quality, and the other bloke is pretty good too...

And with the allrounder, he came in looking as if he was a better bowler than batsman, in second team averaging 20 with the ball and just under 50 with the bat. He actually is a reasonable bowler but Australia have Shane Watson and bowl him in tests instead of my bloke. Although he is bowling in ODIs now.

I find when they are in the national team, when you are not controlling it, your players tend to get worse.

I remember I found an allrounder 67/23 2nd team iirc he was amazing for his first season and a half honestly absolutely unreal. Then aussie picked him and by the end of his career he was averaging 35 with the bat in tests and 40 with the ball. I captain the national team when I care that much about a player now.

2030 with Queensland. I cannot work this player out. I picked him up as 37/22 2nd team. I have ONLY ever given him bowling training. I never bat him higher than 6 in any form.

Sure he has a heap of not outs which makes his averages look good but it is crazy how good he goes for a 37 2nd team and whats more his bowling is not going too hot. He just got picked by aussie so they should make his batting worse and bowling better which should be ideal.

Attachments

• boston.JPG
    boston.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread