Player Discussion

Yea Ryder retired that year at 36, while Taylor is still there at the same age.

Kane Williamson just retired in my game aged 30 >.< He was on track to breaking a whole heap of NZ records too. After 76 tests he had like 6500 runs, average 45ish and averaged 44 in ODIs with a similar average. Really annoying, I didn't expect him to retire so I hadn't taken a screenshot of him.

Todd Astle also retired and I didn't get a screenshot of his record. He had 130 ODI wickets at 28 which was pretty amazing really.

Wow thats crazy, on my game none of the current players retired till about 37-38. I found Roneel Hira to be a really good Vettori replacement surprisingly..

Well Hira is pretty good in real life, but more at OD matches.

I used Astle for a while, but he didn't get results in tests, so I just used Williamson. Astle averaged 40 or so in tests, and 28 in ODIs, while when I used Williamson as the main spinner he averaged around 35 which was pretty good.

I also used both Astle and Vettori at the start. Twin spin works pretty well I find.

Now I've got a new Vettori replacement. A chinaman bowler, he bats at 7 and averages about 30, and averages 28 with the ball. Looks to have a long future ahead of him :)

Vettori just reached an important milestone in my fun NZ save

vettorimilestone.png

I cant remember whether I saved my Vettori screenie or not but he did awesome for me as well before he retired :(

I probably should use Astle now but Hira and Beard have done pretty well recently so i'll probably stick with them. Williamson has been really handy for me with the ball as well just got a five for vs Bangladesh lol

He's well on his way towards 6000runs/600 wickets now but I don't think he'll make it. Almost at 3000runs/400 wickets in ODIs too

Before the end of the season save your game, and then if he retires just exit out without saving, and keep on doing that until he doesn't retire. :spy

haha I might.

Because this is my fun save (on easy), I sometimes do that so that I get good regen players... :spy

I used to always play on easy, but for the past few years I haven't done it once for some reason.

I might have a go and see how easy it is. :p

It's so much easier once you've played normal for a few years. This is my 2015 squad

testsquad2015.png

----------

Ranked first in both tests and ODIs

Yeah, I played on Easy in ICC 3. Now I just play normal all the time. I did start an Australian save just using Tassie players on easy but I got bored. My worst 2 batsman were Mark Cosgrove and Ricky Ponting surprisingly while Ed Cowan and George Bailey were probably my best.

I had two players that did outstandingly well in two different forms of the game in my Gloucestershire save.

Matheesha Ranasinghe, my Sri Lankan T20 player took 39 wickets from 14 games at an average of 9.74. It was pretty amazing. His strike rate was around 8.

Adil Rashid was even more amazing. He missed out 4 FC matches because of international duty, but still managed 120 wickets at 12.32, with a best of 9-33, 14 5-fers and 5 ten wicket hauls. He also managed 858 runs at 57.2, with 3 centuries and 3 fifties.

If he had played in all the matches he would have close to 160 wickets for the season. He bowled in tandem with my Sri Lankan overseas legspinner, Sudheera de Zoysa who took 76 wickets at 22.08 from 16 matches. They were an awesome spin duo.

Does anyone still play ICC 3? Some crazy player ratings. Dale Steyn's struggling to be in SA XI with a Test average of above 35 :lol While Fawad Alam has scored over 2000 Test runs at an average of 65.56 :lol

I've got it on my PSP, but it's been a while since I last played it (like multiple years), as I've now got 2010 on computer.

Users who are viewing this thread