Player Editing Tutorial

You can change the ages of regens, and nationalities too. it just takes a little bit of work. here's how I do it (although I don't do it often, as it takes a while):

1. note down the date of birth of the regen.
2. open up new game
3. search for ricky ponting in same fashion as before.
4. the three numbers you've searched for are the ways to change a birthday for a player. basically what you're going to try to do is change ricky ponting's birthday to match the birthday of the regen. the third number (in ponting's case 218) is the one that changes the years, and can be any integer. the second value changes the days by 4 at a time, and can be anything between 1 and 220 or something like that. The first number (128 in ponting's case) must be either 0, 64, 128 or 192.

now this all sounds fairly complicated, but it's in fact quite easy when you have a little fiddle, and will allow you to edit any regen as well as any player that isn't in the ICC 2002 database but starts in the version of the game that you want.

5. the final step is to note down the numbers that you had to change ponting to so as to make him the same date of birth. then you open up the game where you wanted to edit the regen, then search for those numbers you've just noted down and hey presto, you can edit your regen.

thank me plenty

Problem with ARTMONEY search.... HELP

i cant seem to get thru the artmoney search process...
i've followed your instruction
Search - sequence of values
Number of values - 4?
Type - Integer (Standard) or Integer? i've tried both
Address Range - all
HIT OK
value 1 - 64
Value 2 - 218
Value 3 - 189
value 4 - 128

Reverse order for ricky ponting.. and i hit ok
and get no result....

Now do i load the datat1.db from the database of 2002 that you've provided?
but wouldnt the numbers be different in the icc 3 since its 4 yrs later... just a thought since im playing icc 3... if you can provide me with some help.. and im running windows vista and the game is running in the background... i think thats all...

the numbers don't change. they correspond to birth dates, rather than ages. don't entirely understand the bit where you say reverse the numbers. also, every player has a 64 that is not needed at the end of the thing. you should only really be searching for three integers, as the last 64 is related to the century they were born in. so you should just search for three integers in normal order, the three that come up for ponting in his datat. can't remember what they are off hand

for some reason at a stage i actually found BC Lara,, then i thought maybe it'll work,, after few tries nothing then i tried lara one more time and this time it didnt pick it up..???

Can we make the player better by changing his averages

and i dont understand clearly from 14-17

In the sequence of values what should it be there and what is the significance of memory editor

I want 2 make a player change their county to Middlesex, wat is the number for Middlesex

er i did this "On the Hex editor look on the left hand side of Ricky Ponting's name

for the "@" sign. Highlight it"

but i cant see where im looking for the value.

all it says in the bottom left of the scree is ready?

er i did this "On the Hex editor look on the left hand side of Ricky Ponting's name

for the "@" sign. Highlight it"

but i cant see where im looking for the value.

all it says in the bottom left of the scree is ready?

depends on how you've configured the hex editor to display the data. i had similar problem at first.

also i've discovered how to edit injury status, contract length, salary, position, and also the codes that are for batting style/preferences although editing batting tendancies is not an exact science, its not like two players with the exact same batting tendancies have the same values. still trying to isolate the codes for bowling tendancies, no luck yet.

i don't have my notes at hand but i do remember for batting tendancies its (open memory editor on the 64) row 4, columns 6,7,8

anyone else with other things they know that can be edited player wise?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread