Player Editing Tutorial

Can anybody clearly explain how to change a player's nationality. Thanks ahead

read the first post ;) its all explained there.

Anarchy666 added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Hey can you post a tutorial for editing injury, contract, salary etc. Thanks in advance.

from what i've already done

All the column/row locations in this guide are based on the memory editor being opened on the #64 (the 64 every player has). Opening it on one of the other three simply moves columns to the right. Also i automatically assume that if you use this guide that you have mastered the basics of using ArtMoney to edit players. a tutorial on the basics can be found in the first post.

Injury Status
There are two values that affect injury status; one the type of injury and the other the duration of the injury. Injury type can be found at column 14, row 4. Entering one of the following values will result in the following:
0 = Fit to Play (although this with a duration value results in the status reading in his profile as “Out for x days with a fit”)
1 = broken leg
2 = broken arm
3 = fracture
4 = cold
5 = stomach bug
6 = hamstring injury
7 = bruising
8 = bruising
(not sure why it appears twice, could be for different parts of the body)
9 = broken finger
10 = knee injury
11 = muscle strain
12 = back injury
13 = foot injury
14 = broken rib
As for length of injury, this can be found in column 2, row 5. The number is simply the number of days the player will be out for, obviously 0 represents a fit player. For injuries longer than 13 days the duration is listed as weeks in the players profile.

Contracts & Salaries
Contract Length can be found column 10, row 1. The following range of values will determine the length of a player’s current contract
16-31 = None
32-47 = 1 year
48-63 = 2 years
64-79 = 3 years
80-95 = 4 years
96-111 = 5 years
112-127 = 6 years
you can’t have contracts longer than 6 years. Inputting a value under 16 or higher than 127 will usually produce a negative value. I do not have any intention whatsoever of testing negative values. Also the value in-game may be adjusted automatically every month, and obviously is definetly adjusted downwards every season.
Salaries can be found column 14, row 1. The number represents a salary in £k divided by 2. so for example I want Player A to earn £50,000. to give him that salary I would input 100 as 100/2=50.
Also you can not give someone an England Central Contract by altering the salary, the coding for ECC’s are determined by other codes.

Player Type
This can be found column 11, row 4. the following values will determine what a player is listed as:
8 = opening batsman
100 = opening batsman
200= batsman
300= all-rounder
400= bowler
you just need to change the first digit for this one, so if a player is listed as 456 and you want him as an all-rounder just change it to 356
wicketkeeper status is determined by codes in columns 6,7,8 also in row 4.

Batting Style
This includes things such as whether their right/left handed, preferences such as front/back foot, offside/legside, aggressive/defensive batting and pace/spin preference. Also wicketkeeper status is determined by the values.
The values in columns 6,7 and 8 in row 4 are linked, what is entered into col 6 can affect values in 7 and 8. the value in column 8 pretty much decides wicketkeeper value on its own although col 6 can also affect wicketkeeper status. EDITING THE VALUE IN COLUMN 6 IS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE, TWO PLAYERS WITH THE SAME BATTING STYLE USUALLY DO NOT SHARE THE SAME COLUMN 6 VALUE. It’s a case of experiment until either I or more likely someone else can provide more insight into the dynamics of the values.

Wicketkeeper status.
A 1 or 2 digit number is for a non-keeper. Any 3 digit number results in the gloves icon for that player. A 3 digit number starting with a 1 should return a LHB keeper-batsman, and starting with a 2 should return a RHB keeper-batsman. Starting with a 3 should return a LHB wicketkeeper while starting with a 4 should result in a RHB wicketkeeper, although this not an exact science.

Last edited:
Wow. Have you found out someway to edit the batting and bowling abilities of a player? In ICC 2002 it was measured between the numbers 0-63. I know this since I used magpie to edit the 2002 version. This is awesome. What else do you know regarding editing the game this way?

that's great work mate. I can do wicket keeper, batting preferences, contracts and salaries. oh and player types. injuries are still causing me problems - are you sure those column and row numbers are correct?

I'm going to spend a bit of time comparing players and stuff to try and sort out abilities later on. worth a try

hi everyone, i cant for the life of me find the codes off the hex editor... i'm using hexedit 3 i think, any help will be appreciated, also is there a list of teams so u can transfer players to other team..

Thanks

ok I'm sort of getting the injuries now. as far as I can tell, they can only be edited when someone has one already, although I'm probably just missing something. still, useful for turning a 4 week injury into a 1 day one.

in the brief stint I had earlier, I worked out how to edit the last ten innings on the batting form and bowling form bits (which is pretty much useless really) and also how to edit career statistics, this year and last year as well. so...can't think of anything else apart from abilities to be found. that's literally everything isn't it. oh, and england central contracting I guess. I'll have a look at that later

Is this for ICC2008?

you can use ArtMoney to edit all versions of ICC.

also i've sussed out how to convert a players birthday to code. the days of needing a decrypted database in order to edit players using ArtMoney are over. i currently have an excel file where you can use the 'Find' function, a bit cumbersome but effective. might try to make it more simpler in terms of looking up dates but i'll post the excel file asap.

Anarchy666 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

ok I'm sort of getting the injuries now. as far as I can tell, they can only be edited when someone has one already, although I'm probably just missing something. still, useful for turning a 4 week injury into a 1 day one.

in the brief stint I had earlier, I worked out how to edit the last ten innings on the batting form and bowling form bits (which is pretty much useless really) and also how to edit career statistics, this year and last year as well. so...can't think of anything else apart from abilities to be found. that's literally everything isn't it. oh, and england central contracting I guess. I'll have a look at that later

you can give a fit player an injury. around the injury locations the other cells should all have the value zero if they are fit, you may need to change those to zero if they are not.

the only other thing i can think of is that different versions may behave differently when giving a player an injury. i have Ashes 06.

Anarchy666 added 7 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Wow. Have you found out someway to edit the batting and bowling abilities of a player? In ICC 2002 it was measured between the numbers 0-63. I know this since I used magpie to edit the 2002 version. This is awesome. What else do you know regarding editing the game this way?

we'll just have to look at that one. i could test this out on Billy Godleman as in Ashes 06 they made him really bad as a batsman and no batting technique sessions appeared to actually make him any better.

still trying to figure out the codes for bowling tendancies. Simon Jones a RF? i've never considered Jones to be a RF, more like RFM.

Will wait for that excel file buddy :happy. I just corrected some aggression settings of players thanks to your posts. Repped n respect.

I pretty much have batting preference numbers figured out. just trying to crack off side/leg side. isolated the 85 rows of code for each player that exist. that's 85 x 16 numbers. so a fair few. have all of batting and bowling figures sorted now, and that's a large number of those lines of code. will slowly isolate the ability number I guess

cor, they don't half try to make it hard do they?

I've cracked bowling styles now. nice and complicated that one

Cottager added 10 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I think I must've cracked bowling ability too. unless flintoff's going through ridiculous form on icc2006. which he never has before

Cottager added 3 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

no definitely have, flintoff's never taken 81 test wickets at 13.85 before. will keep investigating, but this looks good

contract changing

i change players contracts from playing for one team to another however when i change them under their name they are regestered for me however i cannot select them and they still play for their original counties against me??..

anyone cracked this?

cor, they don't half try to make it hard do they?

I've cracked bowling styles now. nice and complicated that one

Cottager added 10 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I think I must've cracked bowling ability too. unless flintoff's going through ridiculous form on icc2006. which he never has before

Cottager added 3 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

no definitely have, flintoff's never taken 81 test wickets at 13.85 before. will keep investigating, but this looks good

Hope you crack the batting and bowling abilities. Then we will be close to having an editor like Magpie. Keep up the great work guys.

P.S : Would be good to have brian_smith back here now.

anarchy mate, if you could get in contact, we could collaborate a bit and solve this mess quicker. I'm finding it tough to do the abilities at the moment, but I've definitely found them

Users who are viewing this thread