No Requests Playface Template V4 added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Academy Username
GuyIncognito
Special shout out to @AJ MODS, been super helpful and friendly about troubleshooting and help. Thanks mate. :cheers :wave

These are first passes, will come back to them eventually to sculpt and hopefully get better at the actual face.

Note: Will be adding faces regularly to already created posts, so while it may seem the thread is in-active, I'm just adding to posts already made to keep things neat.

Edit: At the moment these are unlinked. (Cannot link due to BA locking out any linking for generic faces in Australian State teams, presumably this applies to other licenced teams - first started in C19 after the West Indies DLC.)

Won't be doing more Australian faces for now as there is no point, this includes players in the hundred as well. I am moving onto doing some County teams for the foreseeable future.

Just to politely re-iterate: No Requests.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've uploaded version three of the playface template, with thanks to @AJ MODS, @wasteyouryouth (converted some stuff over from his wonderful template for C19) and @HBK619 (who gave us the original template).

I've added a few eyebrows to help people get started, they may need minor tweaking in terms of placement - depends on the individual face really. They're also a guide in terms of placement as it is a finnicky process.

I've also added a few neck stubble layers that go hand in hand with their face beard/stubble counterpart. You'll know what I mean when you open it up.

Just a heads up this template is quite beefy, at 384mb so you may be looking at some large files for faces. This is due to the resolution increase for Cricket 22 (up from 1024 to 2048).

Edit: One tip I forgot, is that after I'm done, any un-used head layers - I just delete. Helps save space.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Downloaded some of your playfaced Aussie state players the other day and they look brilliant. It's a shame we can't do that link trick from C19 to replace the on-disk non face scanned licensed players. Otherwise great work mate :thumbs

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a random face. I was doing some Glamorgan work and after I had finished, I realised Timm was a licenced player... That's about 40 minutes of time wasted. I could go on a vent but by now my stance on unlinkable generic faces in licenced teams is well known. Either scan the faces or let users plug the gaps Big Ant.

Angry-Meme-Gif-Expresses-His-Feelings.gif

Timm Van Der Gugten:

Timm Van Der Gugten 1.jpg Timm Van Der Gugten 2.jpg Timm Van Der Gugten 3.jpg

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Honestly, some of the licensed player appearances are entirely annoying and laughable to say the least. BA have improved on the WI licensed players. Most of them look spot on and well done. Same with the International players from England and Australia. If only now, they could improve on the Ireland and NZ ones, it's a step in the right direction. But the licensed domestic players do piss me off though. What is the point of encouraging creators to create playfaces of players in game if BA lock us out of linking them with domestic players at least? International ones can stay locked, because they look good enough.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Olly Stone being bald in game irks me to no end lol. Same with Mujeeb Ur Rahman before BA actually gave him hair in one of the most recent patches.

Not being able to change hair makes even less sense. It's not as if players ever change hairstyles in 2-3 years...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
From what I can gather the licences for Australian state teams and the 100 teams are probably dependent on being allowed in the game provided no alterations can be made or they just haven't had the time/resources to get photogrammetry of the players due to covid the last few years. Or both. Either case its a serious cock block at the moment lol.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
From what I can gather the licences for Australian state teams and the 100 teams are probably dependent on being allowed in the game provided no alterations can be made or they just haven't had the time/resources to get photogrammetry of the players due to covid the last few years. Or both. Either case its a serious cock block at the moment lol.

That's a bad deal

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Most of the licensed players that look bad are ripped from the community on Cricket 19 (mine included). That's why they look bad. So this idea community creations will make things look better is evidently not true.

Some of them look like they had a scrotum stretched across their face.
I had a feeling that was the case, quite a few of them I thought "they look awfully like waste's work." Did they ask you or did they just pilfer them willy nilly?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Most of the licensed players that look bad are ripped from the community on Cricket 19 (mine included). That's why they look bad. So this idea community creations will make things look better is evidently not true.

23 year old Matty Potts looks like a 56 year old career coal miner who's mid treatment for black lung.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

You ain't telling me you couldn't pull of a better version than bald Olly Stone, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread