Your Cricket Playing yorkers

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
New scenario:

Ball swings, looks like a yorker, I come forward a LONG way, ball springs up in the air, catch taken by the bowler.

Now what?

Jit

International Cricketer
New scenario:

Ball swings, looks like a yorker, I come forward a LONG way, ball springs up in the air, catch taken by the bowler.

Now what?

well it looks like u r head isnt still and thats why u r getting the timing wrong possibly

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
How high is your backlift ? If your backlift is high then you could be failing to get the bat down in time, and then when you do get it down you're timing it wrong, and it just pops off a leading edge.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
How high is your backlift ? If your backlift is high then you could be failing to get the bat down in time, and then when you do get it down you're timing it wrong, and it just pops off a leading edge.
Decently high, because if I don't have it high, and I drive at the ball, it rarely beats the infield, so yeah, its decently high.

But what can I do about it?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Lower it ? Driving the ball should rely on timing and hitting the ball out of the middle and getting your weight over the ball. Having a good drive shouldn't rely on the height of your back-lift. Surely you can get as good power with a lower back-lift and quicker bat speed?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
You just need to get back and get low and put a dead bat there. I get very low when I play the yorker.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Here's something I realized....

Is what Misbah-ul-Haq does to full length balls (goes back and lifts it over the top) what you guys are talking about?

What I'm talking about is in the T20 WC - Nathan Bracken to Misbah, he bowled it, and Misbah went back and then back onto the frontfoot, hit the ball over long on for six (2nd longest six of tournament)

Is this the type of shot you guys are talking about or have I lost it?

Dont worry abt what others say. They are all school kids. I have played cricket more than whats their age is, so I know what I speak. Just go back and try hit it in covers or over covers. You will not get LBW as both the feet will be outside the line of leg stump. Most likely you will get bowled or caught behind.

Watch Abdul Razzaq videos to take tips. Something like this.

88993-705497.jpg

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
No, you'll get bowled every time!

Try to flick it or glance it away. Its just a matter of getting your bat in front and blocking the ball, Yorkers are generally easy to play.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors

Try to flick it or glance it away. Its just a matter of getting your bat in front and blocking the ball, Yorkers are generally easy to play.

Unless they are bowled perfectly.

I still don't understand why you can't play yorkers while on the front foot. Do you have a gap in between bat and pad?

Jit

International Cricketer

ya only if get it and make it a full toss and most of the time you will miss it cuz u r going across the line

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
i had that problem, what i do is not play a front foot shot, i play backfoot. so i can just block it or blast it. i tend to blast it though because i dont have a batting brain. i can make good runs, but whenever i get on the pitch, i feel like its my duty to smack

Jit

International Cricketer
i had that problem, what i do is not play a front foot shot, i play backfoot. so i can just block it or blast it. i tend to blast it though because i dont have a batting brain. i can make good runs, but whenever i get on the pitch, i feel like its my duty to smack

dude going back and smacking wow i dont think it works cuz u gonna get lbw no matter what i have seen so many players do it and get bowled or lbw. it looks like u r sahid afridi

Users who are viewing this thread