Your Cricket What Type Of Cricketer Are you?

What Type of Bowling do you do (Pick more than one if you really specialize in it)

• Total voters
Thought I might contribute another one of those rare truthful posts...

Bat: GM
Style: Defensive mostly, but can score quickly when I need to, mostly through lots of 2's and 4's. I'm not a "6-hitter" at all, unless they really are chucking me pies.
Position: 8 or 9, the odd occasion moved up if we lose a few early wickets.
Strengths: any off side shots, and of course the best front foot defense this side of Chris Martin.
Weaknesses: Unlike a lot of lefties, I'm not great off my pads. I don't mind the short stuff, but I have a horrible time trying to glance off my hips/knees.

Bowling: Right arm fast-med
Deliveries: Stock outswing, with a good leg-cutter and an average off cutter. I get a crap-ton of seam in to right handers when the ball gets a bit older though. (Not a deliberate change-up like an off cutter is) And being 6'5" I have a wicked bouncer, but find Yorkers quite hard to bowl.
Fastest measured speed: 136.4kph (I'm 26, not 12, so don't freak out)
Average speed over 18 deliveries: 130.9kph

Fielding positions: fine leg whilst bowling, otherwise covers, point or gully. (In that order)

I'm a quick away swing bowler, about 6 foot 5, and have an array of slower balls (at least four) that I can confidently use in a match situation. I can also subtly vary the amount I swing the ball by altering the seam position, which I believe is quite unusual. Due to my height, I can get steepling bounce, particularly useful when the ball stops swinging.

With the bat, I have some ability, but nothing to back it up with. I've slid gradually down the order and don't really have anything to say it isn't a move in the right direction. When I'm playing well, though, I can flick balls from outside off through the leg side, and belt it over cover. Otherwise, I block and prod unconvincingly.

In the field, I work hard and usually have a safe pair of hands. I have a bit of a knack of taking spectacular catches, although I sometimes drop quite straightforward ones. My ground fielding is solid, and my height means I have good reach. I'm not fast across the ground, but do have an absolute bullet arm.

I'm also only 16 next week, so I have plenty of time to work on things like my batting.

Well, it's been two years since I last answered this thread, so I think it seems reasonable that I update my own description.

Firstly, an error in the previous post - I over-estimated my height slightly: I'm six-foot-five now, which means I was probably about six-three or -four at the time.

Since then, my knee gave out pretty unpleasantly, so I'm now a batsman who bowls some spin. With the bat, I finally started getting some runs last season, and started hitting the ball quite a long way. My favourite shot is just to thump it back over the bowler's head - it's remarkably satisfying.

Bowling wise, I had to give up bowling quickly because of the aforementioned knee, so I've been teaching myself to bowl spin instead. It was a bit horrible last season, especially when my leg-spin turned into thigh-high full-tosses and got dispatched by an England Under-19 but I've worked hard on it this winter. I generally bowl leg-spin when I'm bowling at right-handers, but switch up to off-spin at left-handers, because it's almost always more dangerous to spin the ball away from the bat. For variations, I have a googly and a carrom ball respectively, as well as a kind of floater when I'm bowling offies. This all sounds good, but I still lack consistency sometimes.

Fielding wise, I still put myself about. Take the odd ridiculous catch (sprinting and diving forwards one-handed at long-on) and drop the odd absolute clanger (gentle, two hands at cover) and generally run around a lot on the boundary.

I am an all rounder.
Bowling: Spin. Right Handed
Batting: Sometimes Opener and sometimes 1 down. Right Handed
Fielding: Right Hand and position most times slip otherwise point and near boundary.
I am the captain of my team at the moment. Worked hard to get till here. I hope I win tournaments to develop my team. I am a senior by the way.

Thought I might contribute another one of those rare truthful posts...

Bat: GM
Style: Defensive mostly, but can score quickly when I need to, mostly through lots of 2's and 4's. I'm not a "6-hitter" at all, unless they really are chucking me pies.
Position: 8 or 9, the odd occasion moved up if we lose a few early wickets.
Strengths: any off side shots, and of course the best front foot defense this side of Chris Martin.
Weaknesses: Unlike a lot of lefties, I'm not great off my pads. I don't mind the short stuff, but I have a horrible time trying to glance off my hips/knees.

Bowling: Right arm fast-med
Deliveries: Stock outswing, with a good leg-cutter and an average off cutter. I get a crap-ton of seam in to right handers when the ball gets a bit older though. (Not a deliberate change-up like an off cutter is) And being 6'5" I have a wicked bouncer, but find Yorkers quite hard to bowl.
Fastest measured speed: 136.4kph (I'm 26, not 12, so don't freak out)
Average speed over 18 deliveries: 130.9kph

Fielding positions: fine leg whilst bowling, otherwise covers, point or gully. (In that order)
You sound a lot like this guy...?

Users who are viewing this thread