Story [Please close admin Thanks]Rags To Riches-The Joe Hall Story(C07 PS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rags To Riches-The Joe Hall Story(C07 PS2)

YorkshireEveningPostLogo.gif

Young gun Hall signs for yorkshire

Yorkshire today revieled their new young signing Joe Hall.

Hall,14 was presented with his shirt at a press confrence alongside yorkshire captain darren Gough and the club chairman.

The young All-Rounder impressed the yorkshire coaches after a coach working at his school saw him in nets and when he saw him in a match invited him along for trials.

The young man had been taking wickets and scoring runs for his local 1st team for "fun" as his old captain said.

His old captain,When asked how good he thought the young man was Said "well the players hated facing him in nets and he single handedly won a mathc by taking all 10 wickets and scoring 137 n.o for the 1st team earlier this year".

Darren Gough the current yorkshire captain said" from what I've heard and seen the lads got a great carear ahead of him.maybe the next botham or flintoff".

Well Finaly I Have completed my dream of playing for Yorkshire. I can hear the crowd chants already, smell the grass and feel the atmosphere before my first professional game what will the future hold for me .... who knows?

My first nets is tomorrow my chance for selection in opening game.Will I Get a spot?Well Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Last edited:
6:30AM
Du!Du!Du! My alarm clock goes off. I hit it and knocked it off the table and fell back to sleep.

6:55AM
I Finally Got up.I groggilly made my way to the shower and got a quick wash.

7:10AM
I got dressed and packed my bag with my dirty old gear.I poured myself a bowl of Shreddies and quickly ate them.

7:15AM
Watched Replay of an Odi on SKY SPORTS.

7:30AM
Got into The Taxi and Made my way to the ground.

7:55AM
Just in time i arrived at the club and headed into the Centre.I Went into the changing rooms and put on my whites top and an old pair of trackies.

8:00AM
Start of training.My jaw dropped as i was stood around my heroes people only months before I had been watching from the sidelines.I thought id go and have a talk to my captain and Jason gillespie who were stood near the crease of one of the nets.Jason started talking to me and offered me some tips.So we got underway i bowled my usualy and started off alright.I was swinging the ball nicely both ways as I had been constantly been told by a few of the bowlers.The Goughie told me to go pad up.Wracked with nerves i paded up and picked up my nackered old net and headed towards the net.First ball from Jason Swung in and....Snap! My bat snaped clean in half and the other half flew back onto the stumps and I ,Embarasingly, fell over from the shock.After being allowed to borrow one I faced my next few balls.I Just Blocked out the first few balls and then when i felt confident enough to, I started to open up. I played some drives and cut , pulled and hooked well then the smae ball jason broke my bat with....thwack! I sent the ball flying into the backwall. I continued to paly in this way and felt i had had a good session in the net and went to unpad. I then continued to bowl and thats when to magic started my swing was on full and i started to take a few wickets and the i bowled my secret weapon....My short pitched off-cutter. Younis Khan, the batsman at the time didn't read and and thought it would carry on straight and tried to cut it, but it flew across and got a bottom edge that would have carried through to the keeper for an easy catch. so after a great net session we went back into the changing room to anounce the team for the first LV County Championship match on Thursday. "And at no.6 will be....Joe Hall".I couldn't believe it and held back the temptation the shout "Yipee".

11:30AM
I put my bag into the back of the taxi and headed home .

Well I made It into the squad after a satisfying Day.
Watch out for the press confrence tomorrow. Anybody wishing to ask questions please PM your questions.

Last edited:
Du!Du!Du! My alarm clock goes off. I hit it and knocked it off the table and fell back to sleep.

6:55AM
I Finally Got up.I groggilly made my way to the shower and got a quick wash.

6:10AM
I got dressed and packed my bag with my dirty old gear.I poured myself a bowl of Shreddies and quickly ate them.

Watched Replay of an Odi on SKY SPORTS.

If I could turn back time...

nice story there.. will be following it...

Im am discontinuing this story as my computer is going to be repaired and wiped of all files and viruses etc.It will be gone between 4weeks-and over a month.I shal however start this story again when the computer comes back.

Thanks

Burnsy1

You don't need the thread closed.
When you get your computer back up and running just continue you story.
Just use the search to find it again.

i know but id rather start again and make it better , better layout and what have you.

Ah ha caught. Translation: he wants to start a new story and is making an excuse about why he is stopping this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread