Podcast this week.

^Well obviously it is a meme joke. :lol

One more question, can we make our own jerseys? (in game and not have to do any mods for it, like pes where you create your own jersey)

I've only just realised that Chief is actually Jamie Firth which is interesting.

correct me if am wrong !!! due to commercial reasons, are you ignoring the hardcore cricket fans who wants to see more realistic cricket experience

correct me if am wrong !!! due to commercial reasons, are you ignoring the hardcore cricket fans who wants to see more realistic cricket experience

You will have to play the game to find that out
Mate.:p

No.

Due to commercial reasons I'm trying to make a realistic cricket experience that is also accessible *beyond* the hardcore cricket fan.

thanks !!!! much appreciated!! i know the hard core cricket gamers like me is not your target market ( i have played first class cricket for more then 12years now) but i think its important to make it realistic as possible !!!

Last edited:
thanks !!!! much appreciated!! i know the hard core cricket gamers like me is not your target market ( i have played first class cricket for more then 12years now) but i think its important to make it realistic as possible !!!

What makes you think that "Hardcore Cricket Gamers" wouldn't be a target market for a cricket game? What you're getting at is right: we also need to sell copies to the more mainstream consumer, and there are some factors put in specifically to appeal to that market too.
But our core audience are people that like to play cricket video games...

ok, so the people who likes to play a cricket video game would understand the fundamentals and logic of the real game. let me give you a example- in Ashes 09 (run rates was unreal, they had a silly run out bug, AI fielding settings was funny, AI game play was stupid as if it had never played cricket) now i think people that like to play cricket video games will not be happy with something so unrealistic as that. would you agree ???

----------

as we are on the subject of market for the game let me give you a small marketing tip!!!! we all know already there are 9 test nations. and most in these countries love the game and will purchase your game. problems is the availability. most of the developers complain people are downloading the game for free but they fail to realize people downloads because they can not buy the original DVD in their country. make sure you have a agent in all main test nations so that people can purchase the game without waiting for weeks !!! this will kick ur sales up... trust me (am a Sri Lankan and i want to buy the original game without waiting for weeks after release)

ok, so the people who likes to play a cricket video game would understand the fundamentals and logic of the real game. let me give you a example- in Ashes 09 (run rates was unreal, they had a silly run out bug, AI fielding settings was funny, AI game play was stupid as if it had never played cricket) now i think people that like to play cricket video games will not be happy with something so unrealistic as that. would you agree ???

And a lot of people *weren't* happy. So we took great pains in 2010 to put those things right. And they will improve again in 2013.

as we are on the subject of market for the game let me give you a small marketing tip!!!! we all know already there are 9 test nations. and most in these countries love the game and will purchase your game. problems is the availability. most of the developers complain people are downloading the game for free but they fail to realize people downloads because they can not buy the original DVD in their country. make sure you have a agent in all main test nations so that people can purchase the game without waiting for weeks !!! this will kick ur sales up... trust me (am a Sri Lankan and i want to buy the original game without waiting for weeks after release)
People still chose to pirate AC09 in India despite the tiny price tag and widespread availability. I think they shouldn't bother releasing it at all and save their distribution costs.

People still chose to pirate AC09 in India despite the tiny price tag and widespread availability. I think they shouldn't bother releasing it at all and save their distribution costs.

I agree... I couldn't imagine the investment would be worth it for the small percentage that would purchase the game legally. Put it on the Playstation Marketplace, but releasing/promoting it in physical form would be a waste of money.

______

Podcast is fantastic, good portion spent on the "screen-shot" issue and I think you've given a really interesting insight on the processes at play. Appreciate that information, exciting to think you potentially have access to visuals that are super-secret and therefore, need to protect that for the external (non game) stakeholders. Exciting for the MAIN reason that the game will be VERY MUCH up-to-date with current teams uniforms, players and stadiums. It's all pointing towards a very special cricket game.

Appreciate it, sir.

Last edited:
Hey Chief....loved the podcast :)!!!! Specially how you explained why we haven seen many screens or videos yet :)!

However, I do not agree (to an extent) with you on 1:1 motion controls not working out in a cricket game. I agree that bowling would be pretty tedious, and that even in batting, it would be based on pure physics. However, even with those physics you can add some assists depending upon the difficulty level (move street cricket had something similar), for e.g. for lower difficulty levels you can add assists like extra power, extra timing, additional bat area (i.e. code the bat to be 2x or 3x times broader than what its actual measurement is. In this way, on lower difficulty levels, even if i play down the wrong line, I still have a larger probability of executing the shot the way I wanted it. Maybe for the future versions of this game ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread