Ponting's parents cop backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting says his parents have received abusive phone calls in the wake of the fall out from the controversial Test series with India.

Ponting said his parents were forced to change their phone number following the anonymous calls criticising the captain.

http://news.theage.com.au/pontings-parents-cop-backlash/20080109-1l3b.html

Seriously, that is absolutely disgusting behaviour. Absolutely disgusting.

Abusive phone calls just show that idiots exist all over and are here to stay unfortunately.

The question is - what did ponting do? Now i read that el mighty kumble is boasting that he offered Ponting the chance to not report RACISM as it would cause a fuss....um....duh!! I don't quite get the indians stance - really. It makes absolutely no sense - it is Pontings fault because he agreed not to sweep racism under the carpet - maybe the BCCI are experts at this...but CA actually care about this and running away from it will only cause problems like we have now. Honesty is what is needed - not black mail and inciting your own population to make you feel better about your own mistakes. it's ironic that in the process of denying blatent racism it has brought all of indian's racist out of the woodwork....the worrying thing is, according to the polls, 80%+ support this stance. I'm glad though that india is being reported as being wrong in england, south africa and most of australia - at least there's still some common sense in the world.

Last edited:
I'm glad though that india is being reported as being wrong in england, south africa and most of australia - at least there's still some common sense in the world.

I don't think that is true. I haven't seen a single report blaming India or Australia. If anything, it seems to be directed at the umpires.

I don't think that is true. I haven't seen a single report blaming India or Australia. If anything, it seems to be directed at the umpires.

There's been a fair amount in our paper's condeming Harbhajan. The Daily Mail especially has been on a total crusade against him, makes sense though, since they're the most racist paper in Britain.

The Daily Mail makes for fine arse-wiping material when the bog roll has ran out though.

Poor Mr and Mrs Ponting. I reckon they should use call-back and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Absolutely. I am seeing a lot of sympathy and support for Harbhajan even from sources from whom it was not expected.

Let Ponting know what this is! When Kumble offered to sweep all this under the carpet, he refused. Now he is paying for it. Kumble didnt do it becoz he wanted to save Harbhajan from the charge. We know Harbhajan is not guilty, but all this will lead to what it has now

Sad, respect everyone. No abuse. Stupid ignorant people.

Absolutely. I am seeing a lot of sympathy and support for Harbhajan even from sources from whom it was not expected.

Let Ponting know what this is! When Kumble offered to sweep all this under the carpet, he refused. Now he is paying for it. Kumble didnt do it becoz he wanted to save Harbhajan from the charge. We know Harbhajan is not guilty, but all this will lead to what it has now

Tbf, Kumble's admissal opens up a whole new can of worms. If he has offered the olive branch like he said he did does he not deny that Harbhajan did use the word monkey?

It's an odd situation.

Anyways, even* if it was Aussie captain, Ricky Ponting's fault, it would be stupid, bad to annoy someones parents, it's worse.

*But I'm not claiming Ponting is to blame

Poor Mr and Mrs Ponting. I reckon they should use call-back and give them a taste of their own medicine.

That isn't going to really help the situation. I'll just heighten it.

Something has got to be done about it. Kumble and a few senior members have to come up with an agreement with Ricky Ponting because its getting worse and I don't think we've seen the the last of these "attacks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread