Possible New Bug

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The chance to use the new ball after 90 overs in a test match, played 4 test games thusfar. Only been offerd the new ball twice. Whats that all about?
Anyone else experienced this problem? When it did last work it didnt even offer it to me untill the 92nd over. :mad :mad

The_gas said:
The chance to use the new ball after 90 overs in a test match, played 4 test games thusfar. Only been offerd the new ball twice. Whats that all about?
Anyone else experienced this problem? When it did last work it didnt even offer it to me untill the 92nd over. :mad :mad

The offering the new ball later/earlier happened to me in C2004, not experienced it yet in this one. Admittedly, i've only played the one test so far.

The_gas said:
How are you finding 2005 Stevie?

Very hard at the moment. In terms of difficulty, its a massive step up from C2005 in my opinion. Only just getting the hang of the batting on easy. :eek:

The most enjoyable moment so far was actually getting someone out to a plan! Twice!

Might just conveniently forget to not take it back to my mate... :)

Last edited:
The chance to use the new ball after 90 overs in a test match,

shouldn't you get the new bal after 80 overs in a test match?

I also had a similar problem..

- In a Test I was not offered the new ball , even after 98 overs.

It's 75 overs, when the new ball becomes available. I've only played that far in one game, i was batting, and Bangladesh took the new ball after 75 overs.

Very hard at the moment, in terms of difficulty, its a massive step up from C2005 in my opinion.

Agreed, has either of you managed to hit a backfoot cover drive or cut shot for 4 yet?

front foot shots seem easy to time but backfoot seems near impossible at times.

Eddie said:
Agreed, has either of you managed to hit a backfoot cover drive or cut shot for 4 yet?

front foot shots seem easy to time but backfoot seems near impossible at times.

Yea done the cut shot against spinners, not the quicks though. Im always on it to early.

Done have any problem with the backfoot cover drive though. Im currently trying to perfect the hook and pull shots against the quicks.

The_gas said:
Im currently trying to perfect the hook and pull shots against the quicks.
Managed a beautiful pull yesterday, from Youhana off Pollock. Only trouble was it went straight to sq leg for a catch - he didn't have to move .:mad

I think we need a ai patch where strokes can be amended.

How are you finding 2005 Gas, as for me Im currently just playing it on the Xbox and the batting inconstistancy is a pain. Timing for 6's and 4's then as confidence goes up my timing that was working gets me out.

Dont know if its an Xbox thing or the game all over, anyone find this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread