The New Ball Problem

i just had the new ball offered at 75 overs, 1st time it has happened this early all other times it has been at least 90 overs or more. I never autoplay either batting or bowling.

i was playing the english county and i had it offered after 34 overs lol. i didnt know if this was a problem but i guess it is after reading this thread. i think they just randomaly pick a time.

odd.....
1st innings NB offerd at 142 overs ( :mad ) 2nd innings offerd at 60 overs :confused: :what :eek: :noway

there must be a pattern to this. Ther must be something that is done by the player to instigate the change of ball (like changing a bowler or something).

I've had a problem were the new ball is offered and If I decline it I can't seem to find an option to take the new pill after this?

Anyone else experienced this problem?

SonofSlats said:
I've had a problem were the new ball is offered and If I decline it I can't seem to find an option to take the new pill after this?

Anyone else experienced this problem?
yes i have also found that to be the case where if you dont take it when offered you dont get the chance again.

Is there any update on this?

As I have not yet been offered a new ball in test matches :-(

haha so lame this game is...
Too many bugs
i'd rather have a fully sort out cricket 2007 b4 world cup than a shitty cricket 06

gautham said:
haha so lame this game is...
Too many bugs
i'd rather have a fully sort out cricket 2007 b4 world cup than a shitty cricket 06

It's a shame as if it wasn't for the bugs, this would be a great game.

The one thing that does worry me is the lack of official support with both this and Cricket 2004; yes a lot of games are realised with bugs (i.e. games like Neverwinter Nights and the original Knights of the Old Republic were laden with bugs, but once patched they are truely great games - Neverwinter Nights in particular was a sheer gaming masterpiece once patched) but there is usually some sort of ongoing Q&A for a while afterwards to sort out the bits they missed.

In light of the niggleing problems (and some not so niggleing) in this game, I can understand why some people may be a bit wary at buying another EA Sports Cricket game.

On a completely different note, is there any way of seeing the condition of the ball? In Cricket 2004 if I remember correctly this could be viewed at the end of the over along with the pitch conditions? And it would also say how many overs old the ball was. All I can find in the manual for 2005 is a note about the ball not being suseptable to seam/swing when 90 overs old...

You've got to be kidding me!!

And there I was merrily playing alone, joyfully reunited with my Cricket thanks to the efforts of Tutsi, barmy and co. Thoroughly loving the 4MB Bat pack, the new playing patch, the player editor and roster update and my ultra realistic Sub COntinent tour. And then this joyous little bug crops up. Bugger!

iceman_waugh said:
maybe the umpires have wonderful eyesight.

i think if we tweak the game a little bit then we might be able to get it at 90 overs

You do realise that in first-class/test cricket (real life) the ball is available anytime after 80 overs, not 90.

New ball problems

That is right, it should be offered after 80 overs, I've played a whole test series ( no autoplay) aganist RSA and have never been offered new ball, even after 145 overs.
What that does seem to do is make is easier for Warnie to take wickets!!

Users who are viewing this thread