Story PPL - The New Era Of Cricket In Pakistan - MMG Wins

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^off course.

Note: Updates are Coming Soon, so stay tuned to PPL - The New Era of Cricket in Pakistan.

Gorro_124

Club Captain
if any old owner wanna quit from managership, then i will luv to get a team!!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Multan Muggers VS Karachi Kings

headerrb.png

mugs.png
vs
kingsz.png

Match 1, Round 2

newsff.png

09th June 2010
Nazir and Ramiz Maintains Multan Mugger's Record
Multan Mugger's beat Karachi Kings by 5 wickets

lg-share-en.gif

70729.jpg

Shahid Nazir appealing for lbw

Shahid Nazir preserved Multan's unbeaten record with 41 not out from 28 balls, as Karachi Kings were made to rue a ponderous batting performance in a low-scoring encounter at Dubai.

Chasing 142 for victory, Muggers were in some strife at 63 for 4 when Nazir joined Ramiz Alam, put a fifth-wicket stand of 57 broke the back of the run-chase. Though Ramiz was caught in the covers for 47, Nazir sealed a five-wicket win with an over to spare as he bounded out of his crease and slapped Sohail Khan to the Sheikh Zayed Stand boundary for the sixth four of his innings - which was only two fewer than Karachi had managed in their full 20 overs.

In the end, Multan Muggers won comfortably, but they were made to battle at first. Sreesanth gave Karachi an early lift when he pinned Mohammad Ayub lbw in his first over, and their hopes went stratospheric two runs later as Andrew Strauss completely misread a slower-ball full-toss from Andrew Flintoff and chopped onto his stumps for 4. But Multan refused to get bogged down, and Sachin Tendulkar signaled their clear-headed intent when he clobbered Danish Kaneria into the Grandstand hospitality boxes.

Kaneria, though, was the pick of Kings's bowlers, and it was he who kept them in the hunt with three timely middle-order wickets. Sachin was his first scalp, caught off a mistimed drive for 26 by Yasir Arafat, running back towards the pavilion, then MS Dhoni, with a smack over long-off to his credit, missed with a wild slog and lost his leg stump for 8. Kaneria's third could have been the most crucial - Ramiz had been Multan's ballast in a run-a-ball 47, until he miscued a swat to Israrullah in the covers - but Nazir found a reliable ally in Fawad Alam, and the pair picked off the final 22 runs with minimum fuss.

Karachi's innings, on the other hand, was laborious to say the least. It started inauspiciously when Virender Sehwag touched a ferocious lifter from Dirk Nannes in the first over and departed for a duck, and though Shoaib Malik and Paul Collingwood added a steady 60 for the second wicket to provide a platform of sorts, neither man was able to lift the tempo of a subdued performance.

Collingwood did his best - of the eight fours in Karachi's innings, four of them came from his free-swinging blade, including a baseball-style swing through long-off off Nannes. But he holed out for 31 off the right-arm spin of Sachin Tendulkar, and thereafter Karachi's middle-order came and went with nothing but cameos to show for their efforts. Underpinning (or undermining) the performance was Malik. His attempts at authentic cricket strokes seemed to hit every fielder in the ring, and when he nudged the penultimate ball of the innings for a single to bring up his fifty, It was one of the lowest individual score for any player carrying their bat in the Twenty20 Cricket.

Malik managed only two fours in his 53-ball knock, and on the day when Multan called upon the crowd to turn Dubai's pink, his blushes added to the colour on display.

At the other end, Karachi's batsmen came and went. Andrew Flintoff drilled Fawad Alam into Strauss's midriff for 11, while Ahmed Butt and Yasir Araft both picked out Tendulkar in the deep with mistimed drives. Arafat did at least pick off the only six of Karachi's innings when Shoaib Akhtar served up a waist-high full-toss in the 17th over, but he was lucky to escape being sent back for a duck when Tendulkar contrived to fluff one of the most comical run-outs imaginable. Arafat had been sent back after attempting to run a bye off a leg-side wide, and Tendulkar had all the time in the world to reach out to flick off the bails as the throw came in to the non-striker's end. Instead he unleashed the ball from half-a-yard's distance ... and missed.

In the end, it was not costly. Israrullah, pushed down the order to No. 7, also survived a run-out chance as Ramiz Alam's throw went wide from mid-off, but he picked out a leaping Ayub at midwicket before Danish Kaneria patted limply to mid-off in the final over. It was a sorry showing from Karachi Kings, who were looking a top team after their win over Lahore Lions in first round. Multan Muggers, however, march ever onwards.

scoret.png

44261130.jpg

Courtesy: PPL News Team

65407323.jpg

footv.png

? Pakistan Premier League, 2010 | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Shahid Nazir? Lol
In the first scorecard, the first initials are after the last name, whereas the first initials are before the last name in the second? I prefer the second one, its the one that is actually used.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Actually I remake Multan team file today and in hurry I put "A Strauss" etc while Karachi was having same team file which contain full names due to which intials came like that"Sehwag,V".

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I am not part of this league/story. But I would like to say that Aouni you are running this very well. Presentation and writing is top class! I guess after Biggy you are the only one running a league/story successfully. I know how tough it would be for you to manage this Aouni. Good going mate, best of luck with this, keep up the good work. :)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
^ Even I left this league in half way because a update at least takes 2 to 3 hours with all simulation and other stuff but I guess after all hard work I should some how try to continue this league for some.

ADA

School Cricketer
Good for the Muggers there!! PPL is back!! Will follow this as i did it earlier!! Good Luck:thumbs

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Excellent presentation. If something like PPL starts in real life, they should use your stuff for their website:yes.

^ Even I left this league in half way because a update at least takes 2 to 3 hours with all simulation and other stuff but I guess after all hard work I should some how try to continue this league for some.
Ah man, you should be quite happy. You're getting some replies at constant intervals and the thread is being kept bumped up for your hard work. But what about me? I spent about 4 and half hours for a bloody update and that too, its India Vs Pakistan, which has produced only one reply:yes:facepalm.

Users who are viewing this thread