Pakistan and Australia in the UAE August-September 2012

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Without a doubt. Hafeez made a pretty average call bowling Gul too, Ajmal would have been my pick given Warner struggles against spin and our general inability to pick him.

Ajmal is injured , Gul was the best choice after Ajmal .

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
You too uncle :p what was the reason you said Nazir , where he made 0 , kamran deserved to bat in the super over as he is the best batsman in this match and was fast too .

1. I most like your brother not your uncle

2. Nazir has a reputation of strong hitting, I seen him score at a 200 plus strike multiple times, he is fearless but admittedly he is a touch out of form.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
1. I most like your brother not your uncle

2. Nazir has a reputation of strong hitting, I seen him score at a 200 plus strike multiple times, he is fearless but admittedly he is a touch out of form.

Sorry , but Imran didn't deserved it , because he could've struggling fast bowling especially Cummins , Cummins because Imran has never faced him even Starc .

----------

Fair call then, yea Gul would have been the pick of the rest even though he was slightly more expensive.

If Ajmal had not been injured and Pakistan had decided to send Ajaml for the super over , Australia would've send Mike Hussey .

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I only caught the back half of our innings, so I just assumed Starc wasn't playing when he didn't bowl the super over. Now looking at the bowling figures, it makes me wonder why Cummins was opted for. I don't think Pakistan's batsmen were even known when he was warming up, so didn't seem too tactical.

Anyway, Pakistan's fielding has been much better in the T20's and they deserve the series after a couple of dropped catches cost them in the ODIs.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Bailey batted well but you have to question that last decision to bowl Cummins. Especially given he was picked for his captaincy.

Haha - nice cheap shot :D Yeah it was a risky call no doubt, but at least now that we can pick holes in Bailey's captaincy his batting is coming through nicely :thumbs Australia should really have had that after the start by Warner and Watson, but no one but Bailey did anything in that middle order. Still, I'm actually quite happy with that given the embarrassment of the first match :yes

Cummins will get better with experience though. Couple of shocking deliveries thrown in there - short and wide to Razzaq was an absolute gift, and then the wide.

Oh and like every armchair expert, I was calling for Hogg...and he got hammered :)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
What a Game!

Gotta admire the Australian batsman, they can hit clean sixes and this isnt your standard IPL pitch.

Addy

National Board President
Yup they hit some massive sixes where as our batsmen had hardly cleared the ropes. Absolute thriller match. :thumbs Paise Wasool.

sattar

Club Captain
Good Win and improved fielding as well.I hope they dont get over confidence like whitewash of england test series.And Hafeez decision making was right for last over to give to razzak if that was the spinner i think they can easily chase that and good attacking captaincy when u need wicket our champ bring ajmal on so really good to see hafeez decision making is improving day by day

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh and like every armchair expert, I was calling for Hogg...and he got hammered

Blame it on rust :p He is definitely our best T20 spinner. Just a shame Maxwell got dropped in particular if he was batting in the top 7 as we could have used his hitting.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a great game of Cricket yesterday Night!!! Probably the Best Sensational Match I have seen after 1992 World Cup Semi-Final. Both Teams played well and the atmosphere was electrifying. The Crowd took me back to the Newzeland 92 World Cup Semi-Final. It was a treat to watch

The best thing I have observed in Pakistani team in these recent T20 Matches is that the Team is playing with a passion and there are signs of eagerness in each guy that he is going for a win and wants to do best for his team which is great sign IMO, they just need to be consistent and carry on that. In my view, There shouldnt be any change in the line-up for the next match. Nazir Should be given another Chance as he can be very dangerous especially in upcoming World Cup on his day. Afridi should be on rest, have some rest, and then get ready for WC. As far as Ajmal goes, He simply is the Best Spinner in the World Today and deserves loads of applause and awards no matter ICC put him into the category or not, his fans applause is the best award for him. Razzaq again proved that Old Is Gold, Pakistan should reap benefits from his experience in future.

Aussie fans should not be THAT Disappointed IMO, They played brillantly well compared to their performance in the 1st T20, Especially the Four which Christian saved, I would rate this effort higher than that Brillaint Catch He caught, No doubt it was a great catch but that Dive was simply phenominal. You can't write off Australia in the World Cup, they have a strong batting lineup, and a very energetic bowling attack like Cummins and Starc, they just need to sit down and have to do the basics right. One thing was strange because it was very unlike Australia that they brought back Brad Hogg, No Offence but he is simply a "Chala Hua Kartooos" (A Tried, Tested and Finished Material). They should carry on with Doherty, he bowled well in the first match. Plus, Induct Maxwell into the team. Alongwith White, it can be a very lethal combination in the WC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread