West Indies vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have to give credit to the Windies. They look a much improved side after winning the Stanford series. Pakistan are a good ODI team and the WI can't be ashamed of their performance since they didn't lose by much in these two games.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I saw Pakistan at 7/180 and thought the Windies had the game, but they failed to land that killer blow and ended up chasing 230, which was simply too much. The West Indies could have been rolled for 100 if Pakistan held their catches.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan dropped catches in this match. Kamran Akmal has dropped three catches in two matches. He has not been clean for last two years. A keepers first and foremost task in to take catches. It is very clear that he does not have that quality and consistency. He needs to be dropped if Pakistan are to challenge better opposition. WI have played poorly and have succumbed to pressure both times. They are not tough enough and some of their new batsmen are pathetic agains spin bowling (findlay and marsha).

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Another Chanderpaul knock goes to waste, thats a big disappointment for WI, they would want to get a consolidating win in the next match. Good thing is that Afridi looks to be back in form for Pakistan.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Poor performance by WI, the bowlers did a good job but the batsman just folded around Chanderpaul. Only Sarwan gave him support and both the openers failed miserably.
I'm not impressed with Baugh at all, Ramdin is a waaay better keeper and if it can be said a better batsman. Instead of reverting to old keepers like Baugh we should have tried some young guys like Fletcher.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Will WI win the 3rd and their 1st one in the series?Or will it be a whitewash?Today is the last match between them,both matches were close ones,WI will definately play for pride here....

karnog

International Cricketer
The windies are choking a little. The final over in the first game and then the batting collapse. I think maybe shivy needs to go higher up the order. Bring in that stability in the top order. Yeah i agree that Baugh hasn't really been that impressive. I thought Ramdin was better. But hey there's fletcher too in the wings so its not bare at the moment. I never liked Chattergoon openning. I thought Marshall openning would be better.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Younis Khan is playing really well,Pak will at least try to post a score around 280/300,i know its too early to say,but they know both the games were quite close,so for safer side they would like to post that score.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Marshall keeping? That is just stupid, they should have given Baug at least one more chance to show what he can do with the bat.

Marshall goes on to fluff a sitter in the opening overs, and somehow manages to make Akmal look like a safe pair of hands.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Slowcoach; said:
Marshall keeping? That is just stupid, they should have given Baug at least one more chance to show what he can do with the bat.

Marshall goes on to fluff a sitter in the opening overs, and somehow manages to make Akmal look like a safe pair of hands.

And what makes you think that Baugh is any different, what happen you did not watch the two previous matches??
Baugh should have been sent home already, he should be ashamed that his job is being done by his fellow teammate from the same country because of his in ability to keep and bat.
I rather we get the same result with de X man knowing he is a part timer than having the real thing and still failing!!!

nikhil_99

International Coach
Like i said earlier,Pak will try to get a score around 280,they got 273,but a splindid performance by Younis Khan & Misbah,all depends now how WI bat...

deerkick

Club Cricketer
Gayle and Sarwan need a 120ish run partnership here. And Marshall needs to not suck.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Akmal dropping catches, and Ajmal dropping catches and fumbling in the field...similar names...and apparently similar lack of handling skills.

Judging by Rabs comments, the same could be said for Carlton Baugh (who I have not seen play), and ex West Indies keeper Courtney Browne (who I have seen play).

angryangy

ICC Chairman
At this point it looks like Pakistan were about 30 runs shy of a good score.

angryangy added 52 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

What a collapse, 5/25 and counting.

Users who are viewing this thread